5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, December 25, 2011
This review is from: Rubber Chicken Purse - The "Hen Bag" Handbag (Toy)
This is great for some grins and giggles -- "Wait! I'll get that out of my Hen Bag" -- this bag is a scream.

Very durable, giant funny zipper, well-adhered red handles. What a great gift.

*** Updated -- I have been carrying the purse since I received it. There is a slight smell of off-gassing, more noticeable to my small children who are closer to it when I am carrying the bag.

The zipper is very strong. The opening is 5" or so -- I have a rather large wallet, and it slips inside with room to spare. The inside pouch is roomy, and because the hen is light-permeable, it is not a dark cavern in there. You can see what you are loking for. There is a small sewn pocket inside -- I keep a lipstick and a bunch of kleenex and hand sanitizer in it. Good size handles, even comfortable over winter outerwear. I added a carabiner clip to one handle to keep my keys handy at all times.

I took my Hen Bag (we named her "Mrs. Tweedy" after the Farmer's wife in the "Chicken Run" movie) on a long tour of the national parks in Utah. She went with us to Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, and Arches. (Posted some photos) She was extremely practical -- all dirt and sand wiped right off her rubber feathers, and she is basically waterproof, snowproof, and slushproof. She's the right size to hold a couple plastic water bottles and the map. We noticed that she can express "moods" (Again, see photos) -- jaunty, unamused, resigned, affectionate.

My kids got into the Hen Bag -- *really* into her. They went a little wild on naming her -- they got way off into the weeds. Some examples: Hen-cess Leia, Jabba the Henn, Hen Solo (like it!), Obi Hen Kenobi, Luke Egglayer (I know), Hen-peror Palpatine... you get the drift. They were calling our car the Mill-HEN-ium Falcon. Riotous laughter...

Anyway, Mrs. Tweedy is durable and lovable. I got a ton of favorable comments on her. She went everywhere and stayed positive despite crowded car conditions, somewhat smelly children, and a surfeit of National Parks dirt. She was quiet in restaurants and never complained about the long drives, or about getting the last shower. Wonderful traveling companion.

I wish she had a "clucking" noise. She would be spectacular with sound. Also, an egg-shaped rubber coin purse or keychain would be a good addition.

[Add comment]