5.0 out of 5 stars What took them so long?, February 8, 2010
This review is from: Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow (Baby Product)
I've had this product for three nights. Each night, our 7.5 week old son has slept more soundly and for increasing longer periods. Prior to buying this, we were using an Arm's Reach mini-cosleeper and he was waking up every night at 3:30am and 6 am. The first night in this he slept until 4:30am, then 5:30 and last night he slept from 9:30pm until 6am and after eating for 40 mins, went back to sleep until 10am. Woohooo!

Our co-sleeper worked well for our daughter (who was sleeping through the night at 8 weeks) and is another product I would highly recommend. However, our son seems to have more congestion and needs to be elevated to sleep well. We propped him up in the co-sleeper but he still tossed and turned and snorted and coughed, frequently waking himself up. I've always been disappointed with the products on the market for elevating sleeping babies, especially since the most effective options are not approved for sleeping. So, I was very excited to see this on display at Babies R Us. I did't buy it right away. I checked on Amazon and the price was higher and it was not eligible for Prime shipping, so I went back to Babies R' Us.

I should also add that we are still swaddling our son while he sleeps in this. He's such a big and strong baby that the only swaddle blanket that works is the Miracle Blanket (another highly recommended baby product). With this blanket I can leave his legs out and still use the harness. It's not really necessary but it's better than having him sleep on the buckle. Without the swaddle his sudden arm movements disturb him. I expect however, that eventually we'll use this without the swaddle.

The design of this product is very simple but it's perfect for what we needed. I don't know why it took so long to come to market. I can't think of a better recommendation than a sleeping baby.

A few other points:
-it rocks very smoothly and easily
-has mesh on the side to allow for air flow
-seems comfortable, even for my big boy (he's already 12+ lbs)
-is very light
-seems very stable
-is lower that our bed (a normal queen mattress with frame & boxspring) but its easy to look over and check on the baby from bed

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 9, 2010 1:31:48 PM PST
A.J. says:
Just wondered how you are using the Miracle Blanket with this? Have received both products as shower gifts and am a little confused how to buckle him in with his feet in the pouch of the blanket. Any tips would be very helpful! Thanks! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2010 1:44:47 PM PST
TeamSteph says:
Hi, When using the miracle blanket, I didn't put his feet in the bottom, just wrapped his arms. Since my post, I no longer need to swaddle my guy and I stopped buckling him in too. He's 12 weeks old now(and about 14.5lbs) and is still sleeping well in this. At night, I put him in a sleep sack to make sure he's warm without worrying about the blanket getting in his face.

Wish you well with your newborn.
-Steph

Posted on May 5, 2010 5:16:21 PM PDT
L. Fitch says:

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2010 9:29:11 PM PDT
TeamSteph says:
This is a product review site, not a commentary on parenting. I'd appreciate keeping your comments relevant to the product.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011 7:05:59 PM PDT
Bradley says:
Hey Steph I thought the review was great! We checked with our pediatrician and he said it was fine to let our 6 week old sleep as long as they can.

Thanks for the great review again!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (1,098 customer reviews)

$59.99