ARRAY(0xd99ee57c)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but the tip broke off, November 27, 2008
This review is from: Victorinox Fibrox 8-Inch Chef's Knife 40520, 47520, 45520, 5.2063.20 (Kitchen)
I liked the knife at first but after only a few months of light use, about 1/4" of the tip seems to have broken off. This doesn't surprise me, as the blade is thin compared to the better knives.

Update on this review: I was beyond the Amazon 30-day return period, but Victorinox was more than happy to replace it, emphasizing that all their products have a lifetime guarantee.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2009 5:33:29 PM PDT
I currently have a Victronix paring knife that I absolutely love. I applaud the company for standing up for their product. That is such a plus in these days, when customer service and guarantees have almost gone away!

Posted on Feb 12, 2010 7:23:15 PM PST
AG says:
I had a luggage lock that broke after 5 years and they sent me 2 brand new ones no questions asked. It bothers me when I read negative reviews from ill-informed consumers about their products becuase Victorinox makes very good stuff and they will give you a brand new one if it ever breaks. It reminds me of when I work for days on a persons file and then they run their mouth because it didn't go as smoothly as they had expected...some people think their stuff just don't stink. Now I'm getting off topic.

Posted on May 9, 2010 3:46:45 PM PDT
The extra backing has moved me to purchase it..thanks

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 6:24:02 AM PDT
Lew Bryson says:
I'll tell you, maiden voyager, a response like that from the company would lead me to pop up that rating by a star!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2010 8:38:46 PM PST
HyperChicken says:
Agreed!

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 6:35:31 AM PST
Absolutely would pop up that rating by a star given the vendor's treatment of you -- that kind of customer service is basically non-existent these days!

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 1:00:29 PM PST
S. Barlow says:
I wish I would have gotten your customer service rep! I returned a broken Victorinox knife due to a broken tip. They claimed that the only way it could have possibly broken was through abuse (not true) and thus I must have violated the warranty. That was the last knife I bought from them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2011 1:20:30 PM PST
Shopper says:
Well I noticed yr post was on 2-20-2011 and good thing I saw it because I thought about buying one ,, but if they are not going to replace the knife then I do not want it since it is thin... looks like their customer service may not be so good after all... AG 's post on 2-12-10 claims they will give u a brand new one if it ever breaks.. maybe times are hard over at Vitorinox now come the yr of 2011 .. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2011 3:42:28 PM PDT
So what's their official warranty?? Lifetime? One year? Depends on "hard times" ???

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 7:03:52 AM PDT
A. Chambliss says:
This is good to know about the warranty, my son broke the tip off mine and I still use it. I will be contacting them today for a replacement. Otherwise, I have enjoyed using this knife.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›