5.0 out of 5 stars For those that wanted more action. The this one is for you, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Delusion in Death (Kindle Edition)
Please forgive typos, doing this from my phone. It starts out with a mass murder and just keeps going. While the last book was pretty relationship driven this goes back to police work and lots of it. I am not going to get into a ton of detail - I don't want to give away spoilers and the first chapter dealt with the mass murder and had been released and out - so no spoiler there.

There are moments with great relationship growth, it actually surprised me because of the scope of the investigation. But they are moments - it is not the book.

Also good news, things are not be sent out for anal as much. Lol that drove me nuts.

The only criticism I might have for this book was that I felt it over used Eve mixing up her metaphors. It was cute at first however she did it more than normal and I rolled my eyes on a couple.

This one didn't have great Roarke moments, in fact it seems more like they have both settled into their marriage. Eve has grown a lot and does not make the immature mistakes with him she used to. There just wasn't that tension we frequently get with them, but after the Dallas book - I am not surprised.

I loved the book but I don't feel like I need to re read it right away. I can not my finger on it, it was a good book but not a favorite of this series. One of my favorites from this series is Treachery in Death To me it had it all - the case and the relationship, it is in my top 5, probably top 2. This one is really good but not a stand out.

If you are are new to the series start with Naked in Death (In Death, Book 1)h. You will not want previous book spoilers if you started with this book.

Read this in one sitting with no breaks. This series remains automatic release day purchase at full price, and that is quite a testament to an excellent series. I love that we are over 30 books in and I still love it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 12, 2012 12:55:50 PM PDT
I too was annoyed by the over use of the mixed metaphors. I felt like they were dumbing down Eve and it drove me nuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012 12:59:52 PM PDT
DinaC says:
Yep - I thought it made her kind of ditzy which she is not.

Posted on Sep 13, 2012 8:07:03 AM PDT
I too loved Treachery and felt the same about this one. I reread Treachery quite often, and probably will only reread this one as I reread the whole series.

I did not mind the messed up metaphors especially the ones where she gave her reason for using it. Not ditzy, just a different way of thinking.

I too have to have it on the first day. I had to work so had to split reading into 2 sittings. It was a quicker read than most.

While I always enjoyed the tension between Eve and Roarke, I did not miss it in this book. Eve is so stunted that I find her immaturity mostly amusing. I do love that she does not waste her time with jealousy as I would think that was beneath her. And it would go on forever.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 7:17:12 PM PDT
Wallaby says:
I do not want more action. I want fewer bloodbaths and more detective work! Roarke hangs around too much too. It is like Eve is his "little woman" and he has to keep her on a leash. He has a job too, I am tired of him owning everything.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (996 customer reviews)

$6.83