107 of 125 people found the following review helpful
The example-sentences will annoy the average reader,
This review is from: English Grammar For Dummies (Paperback)
The book provides a good reference for people who want to improve their grammar skills.
However, it is littered with absurd, flaky and distracting example-sentences that nearly ruin an otherwise good work. Just a few examples follow:
1. Bertha has frequently buzzed Bubba, but Bubba has not buzzed Bertha back.
2. Nutrella will position the wig in the exact center of the dragon's head.
3. Two minutes after shaving, all of Legghorn's three chins feel scratchy.
4. Rumpus has been studying marble shooting for fifteen years without learning any worthwhile techniques.
5. Justica will judge the beauty contest only if the warthog competes.
If you can tolerate hundreds of similar example-sentences, buy the book.