4.0 out of 5 stars My First Pumpkin is an adorable addition to any childs toy box, February 4, 2007
This review is from: My First Pumpkin Playset by Baby Gund (Toy)
Let me start by saying Halloween is my most favorite time of year next to Christmas. I love decorating and going all out with creepy vampires, zombies, etc... etc... you get the picture. But I'm not so macho as to avoid the word "cute" and this little pumpkin is CUUUUTTTEEE!! My Mom and I saw this in a hospital gift shop and fell in love with it.

First of all the Pumpkin is typical high quality Gund. I don't care what people say you pay for quality and Gund is quality. The face stitched on the pumpkin is a smiling happy face and at the top around the lid of the pumpkin is a zipper, which I think is wonderful especially since velcro closures so often come open and the little things inside then get lost.

Inside the pumpkin you find a little grey kitten which I believe squeeks, a little purple spider which I believe shakes? Don't quote me on that though. A Ghost (which was my personal favorite) and I think he also makes a noise of some sort. And then the one item that I could not understand was the tiny candy corn which makes that crinkly kinda sound when your child squishes it. All 4 items where very nice, very cute and well made though I could see a very aggressive child ripping the legs off the spider.

The entire package is well put together and when we gave it to my new little grand nephew he fell in love with it right away. He loves the feel of that stupid candy corn, which is actually the only reason I give it 4 stars. I think they could have easily done a witch or something else like that but hey... the kid likes it so who am I to say?

The one we saw at the gift shop was around $30 which I think is way too much to spend on a toy like this. We found it on Amazon for around $10 or so plus shipping which I felt was much better.

Bottom line... I highly recommend this stuffed toy as does my grand nephew. If he could type I'm sure he'd say something like "jfaoiwehknsdgn;oivan;dkg" but he's a little young to do even that yet so my word will have to suffice. Enjoy!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]