5.0 out of 5 stars The Ylisse Shepherds Need Your Tactician Skills!, February 11, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fire Emblem: Awakening (Video Game)
It's not too often that I find myself finding the time to play video games more than 5 hours a day with my busy schedule but as soon as I picked up Awakening I made time and let it take over my life. Back when my brother and I used to play video games together I went out to pick up Fire Emblem for the GBA and immediately became obsessed with it and so did he that we ended up fighting over who would get to play it and when. It was quite funny how a game could be this good and cause us to fight so much over it ruining our summer vacation.

Originally I didn't get all hyped up when I heard about the new fire emblem game until I discovered KYMG was doing the art! Kozaki Yusuke is a Japanese artist who is well known for doing the art in No More Heroes 1 and 2 one of my favorite series to date. I know a lot of people flipped out over the limited edition art book. Its only a few pages and it's a FREE item so it's nothing amazing. If you are interested in KYMG's art or are a crazy lunatic Fire Emblem fan you can pick up the official art book on Amazon.Jp

The graphics are a mix of the classic FE 8 bit characters and the art headshots when you have them selected. In battles and cut scenes it switches to 3d models much like how FF Crystal Chronicles characters looked (bit annoyed by their feet). In addition to this there are several anime style cut scenes throughout the game as well. So there is quite a mix of graphics throughout the game which is pretty cool.

The support system in this game is quite different. In this title you can build relationships with other characters so that when you pair them up in battle their stats go up as well. Depending on how great that bond is the higher stat bonus you can get. Now continuing on that depending on how much certain characters like each other they can get married and have kids. Which I though was quite cool. My only peeve with the game is I don't know if they did this in any of the previous games but they took away the rescue system. Which ticked me off a bit since obviously if a solider is low on health you want to get them out of there as fast as possible. Another thing that bothered me but has been in Fire Emblem and probably will always be in Fire emblem. Is the lack of difference between character models from the same classes. Some characters just all look the same and that's a bit boring snd confusing.

This is the first time for myself going out and buying DLC content for a 3ds game. I was quite pleased to find that in the downloadable content for Awakening you can earn more characters to join your army as well as maps you can play again. Japan has gotten a large amount of DLC already so the hope is it heads this way. Currently there are 3 DLC's and one is currently free until march where you can get a the original Prince Marth as a character.

Fire Emblem: Awakening for the Nintendo 3DS is definitely one of their best games to date and I suggest anyone who has a 3DS to go out download the demo and give it a try. Its a fun and exciting game that's very easy to get attached to. I've managed to turn this 30+ hour game into a 70+ hour game turning on the highest difficulty with permadeath going. Making me need to restart missions in order to secure all my units safety. So anyways if your into Fire Emblem, into RPG's or if your just looking for a game to play I highly recommend getting this!

Also I am quite sorry to hear that some of the people who ordered on Amazon have still not received their copies of the game. I think I speak for all owners of the game and shoppers of Amazon. Please do not down rate the product based on amazons service (availability) or if you do not own the game. Its deceiving towards potential buyers of the game. You're not helping out Nintendo, Amazon or their shoppers. So take a deep breath and chill out.

[Add comment]