5.0 out of 5 stars It saved my camera, December 22, 2009
This review is from: Case Logic TBC-302 Ultra Compact Camera Case with Storage (Black) (Camera)
I recently purchased a Canon S90 to complement my 5DmkII on a safari in Tanzania. Throughout the trip I had the S90 on my belt for quick and easy access; the case isn't bulky and seemed to protect the camera well enough from the occasional knock as the land cruiser hit big bumps.

On my last day in Tanzania I was walking through the streets of Arusha when suddenly I felt a hard tug that almost spun me around. I turned to see a man starting to flee. I started off in pursuit--concerned more about the memory card than the camera itself--but after a few steps realized the camera was still at my side, only a slight rip in the strap indicating anything had happened.

Recommended as a sturdy carrying case with a reasonable amount of padding for impact protection (you won't want to drop it from very high or expose it to strong blows).

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 24, 2011 6:15:03 PM PST
KC says:
Lucky you! I had something similar happen in Pushkar, India but wasn't as lucky. The camera was around my wrist (no case) and someone came by in a crowd and cut the strap, running off w/my camera (and, more importantly, the memory card full of priceless pics from an Indian wedding!)... Lesson learned.

Posted on Feb 20, 2011 8:57:21 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2011 1:10:40 PM PST
BBP says:
What a spiteful and mean-spirited comment. When traveling in foreign countries, pickpocketing and thievery is very common. I am fortunate not to have had anything stolen, but I know plenty of friends who've lost cameras and iPods to thieves. It is best to keep anything valuable close to your body and in FRONT of you and high on your chest where you can always see it and take immediate action, not hanging off your shoulder to the side, or your belt loop. I wear cargo pants with pockets that zip or button down. Another thing I do is wear my backpack in reverse so it's in front of me, not on my back. No guarantee against clever thieves but anything you can do to minimize being an easy target is worth the effort, research, and cost.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 9:03:38 AM PST
B. Lenihan says:
'Foreign country' is every country, it just depends on where you come from. Whether as a tourist or a native you should always be on your guard

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 4:54:26 PM PST
Marc Jordan says:
You need to post a review for the pants you were wearing, because the strength of your pant's beltloop seems just as responsible for saving your camera and SD cards as the camera case itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2012 1:07:14 AM PST
Dan says:
Usually the belt goes through the belt loop, and the camera case goes on the belt. So the additional review would need to be for the belt. Unfortunately, I don't recall which belt I was wearing, but it was likely leather with a brass buckle.

However, having used several camera cases in the past, the weakest link is usually the stitching on the camera case--not the belt--and cases often start to fray under the weight of the camera itself. Given that it'd take quite a lot of force for a typical belt to snap I think a review would likely be not very useful. Thanks for the suggestion though...

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 7:29:08 PM PST
R. M. Smith says:
This review is very helpful to me for a little different reason. I am looking for a small case with a belt loop for the caregiver paging receiver that I'll have to wear for the next few months due to my wife's broken ankle. I also have an S95 camera (sizewise identical to an S90) so I have done a size comparison of the two and find that this case is just what I'm looking for. The strength endorsement is also welcome because I have a bad habit of hooking any waist mounted item on door jams, car seats, etc. I think I'll get two to have one for my S95 since the case I now have is too big.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 8:00:16 PM PDT
Atenant says:
David,

If you don't know what really happened, its better to shut up and move on.
Why are you even reading these reveiws? Don't you have something better to do, maybe not
that's why you get a charge out of the negative comment.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 7:04:03 AM PDT
Regarding traveling certain foreign countries, we are always reminded about the possibility of being pick pocketed. I want to share with you an experience I had during travel one year. I always keep my wallet in my front pocket due to a back condition. On a subway in a foreign land, I was being pushed from behind for no apparent reason. And then it occurred to me when I turned around as the doors were closing & I saw a teenager standing on the platform staring at me. She looked suspicious, and when I felt for my wallet, it was gone. Her pushing was a diversion tactic when she was removing my wallet from my front pocket. I learned from our tour guide that she was just another member of a pick pocket group who watched for opportunities at subway stations. Moral of story: always be careful when you travel & be sure to protect your belongings. I now keep my hand in the front pocket of my slacks when I travel to foreign land or when I'm on a subway. I know my comment has nothing to do with this camera case but I thought my experience was good to share after reading your review & your experience with attempted theft. Nevertheless, I do like the quality of Case Logic products.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:15:35 PM PST