Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera with tons of features, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S6300 16 MP Digital Camera with 10x Zoom NIKKOR Glass Lens and Full HD 1080p Video (Blue) (Electronics)
The quality of the photos is amazing. The flash does a great job of taking quality images in low-light, so well that the image looks completely natural. The camera can take consecutive photos relatively quickly and the battery lasts for hundreds of photos.

The camera is a perfect size, is very portable, and takes amazing pictures (they also look very sharp when printed). The zoom is good and the image stabilization feature is excellent. Nikon truly makes great lenses and digital cameras, and you can't go wrong with the Coolpix S6300.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 5, 2012 7:57:35 PM PDT
Vinh Pham says:
Does, this camera come with its own battery and charger?

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 9:33:53 PM PDT
FolkFan says:
Yes, comes with battery and charger.

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2012 9:31:50 AM PDT
Bud Zilcoski says:
I have had a Nikon Coolpix 5700 which I purchased in 2005. I paid over $800.00 for it and it might be dated but still very good. It is incredible but a little too complicated for me since I am just a amateur photographer. I use very few of the many features. I love it when I can put it on a tripod and for distant close up but it feels very cumbersome and heavy. I am looking for a quality camera, not necessarily another Nikon but I would prefer that, with many features but not dozens of them. I want something that is light weight and a camera I can carry with me at all times, like when I walk my dog. I can't carry the Nikon I have so much because I have different lenses and it weighs me down. I want a light weight, quality camera that has basic features but is not overdone. Is this the kind of camera that will fulfill my needs?

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 5:34:59 PM PDT
Jon says:
This will probably do what you need. It's about the length of an iPhone (but twice as thick), so it fits fairly easily in a pocket. I mainly use it to take photos of my son, and the image quality is amazing. The camera is really easy to use and it has a bunch of features (a ton of different scene options but I mainly leave it on auto) but the default options are fine for me (I've rarely changed them). And it fits on standard tri-pods, so you can still do that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 9:44:42 AM PDT
Bud Zilcoski says:
Thanks so much for the information. It is exactly what I needed. Now all I have to decide is if I want to spend that kind of money on a second camera. I have always been a Nikon fan and I think you get what you pay for. I am going to check prices elsewhere. Any idea where I might get it for less? I am reluctant to buy a used one.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 1:25:11 PM PDT
Jon says:
You're welcome. I didn't do a ton of searching the web but of the sites I searched amazon had the best price. I paid $190 at the end of March and I think amazon is listing it for $160 now. But make sure to factor in any extras like SD cards or spare batteries.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 6:49:36 PM PDT
Bud Zilcoski says:
Thanks again, Jon. I fear that this camera was not the one I was referring to. The one I looked at was $699.00, so the price of this one makes it really affordable. They should give you a referral fee because your comment is the only reason I am buying it. Bud

Posted on Aug 5, 2012 9:16:07 PM PDT
Jenna says:
I recently bought this camera and am experiencing slow to open as well as slow taking consecutive pics -- saw your review on the great features but am not experiencing this. What do you have your camera settings on?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 7:17:44 PM PDT
Jon says:
I changed the resolution to be 16MP. It is set to 10 or 12 by default.

For the time between taking pictures, I think I only changed one setting. I don't have the camera show the picture just taken. This allows me to take another photo in just a few seconds. I've had other cameras that would take 8 seconds or longer to be able to take another picture.

For the slow to open time, I think it takes about 5 seconds or so after I power on the camera to be able to take a picture. I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done about that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2013 3:40:30 PM PDT
Linda Wilson says:
Yes, it has a charger or you can charge it with your computer, it comes with a USB cable for downloading the pictures and charging the camera with the same cable, which connects to charger or computer. I was hoping it used AA batteries but it doesn't. I't really is a nice camera and takes wonderful pictures, haven't tried videos yet.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›