2.0 out of 5 stars Great product but WOW it uses the ink!, June 6, 2011
This review is from: Brother MFC-9970CDW Color Laser All-in-One with Wireless Networking and Duplex (Office Product)
This printer was the answer to our prayers in a multi-function machine. Have had no issues with operation, fairly user friendly, but we researched cost per page before we chose this machine and never dreamed it would use so much ink. I am doubtful we print as much as it says we do, there must be a catch to the page counter. The quality of the image is much improved over our xerox 8560, it is quieter and faster. However at the rate we are going I will not be able to keep it. We have ordered ink three times since purchasing in April.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 23, 2011 7:52:10 AM PDT
beatle78 says:
People here say you can reset the toner cartridge to keep on printing. It could extend the life\warning by about 1/3" http://andrewmemory.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/brother-mfc-9840-toner-reset/

Posted on Oct 8, 2011 5:55:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2011 5:56:15 PM PDT
Funny that you keep ordering ink for a laser printer which does not use any. Reminds me of a friend who, way back in the 1960s, took his Corvair automobile to be serviced and was charged for antifreeze. He asked: "Now where in the hell did you pour antifreeze into my air cooled engine?!"

Easy John

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2011 9:44:39 AM PDT
In case you have not figured it out yet. After three hours of trying different combinations of the suggested reset options for all the different Brother printers I found the one that works for the MFC-9970CDW. It was so simple I almost cried.
1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the front door (of the printer, not your house)
3) Turn on the printer
4) when prompted that the door is open push the #1 on the keypad 5) This will take you to the screen to reset your toner cartridge.

I have seen a couple of people say they could not use toner cartridges that were not OEM. The trouble I had came from non-OEM cartridges, but even they reset.

Happy Printing!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2011 1:14:46 PM PST
T. Tran says:
I would take the toner cartridge out and tap or shake it. I did that for my other laser printer using toner, not ink, and added extra mileage! I guess the tapping would loosen the powder toner being stuck on the cartridge walls. The toner thus falls down to the "ink" pool and gets used in printing work.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›