All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Stealth never looked this good!, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Stealth [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Let me just put this simply: 3D!

I tested this BD on my PS3 via component cables to my 29" CRT TV, back to back with the DVD version. The result was very obvious. Although I didn't really see anything incredible when I played the BD, I was thoroughly suprised when I switched back to the DVD. I was asking where did all the colours go. I was asking why everything were so flat. I was asking if this is the power to BD. The contrast gave you a sense of depth to the picture, making everything 'pop-out' from the screen. The clarity were awesome and there were no artifacts anywere. The weakness? It looked so good that it looks fake. Welcome to the digital edge where everything is super-enhanced and nothing is organic anymore.

On the sound front, the Dolby Digital track was exactly the same as the one on the DVD. The PS3 doesn't support PCM 5.1 via optical, so I couldn't test the Uncompressed PCM track.

Other than that, there's nothing much to the BD. I only bought it because I wanted a title to compliment my X-Men III, which is good on sound, but bad on picture. Stealth is the title to test out BD picture quality if you ever needed one.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2007 5:09:06 AM PDT
Keoma says:
I have to disagree on the comment about the

I have to disagree about the comment on the PS3. I have it hooked up to my Pioneer TRE-D800 digital cordless transmitter via optical cable and the 5.1 surround comes out fine over the headphones. The sound is crisp and really delivers true surround and really immerses you into the movie experience which it did not from the old dvd format. Now even the old dvd format sounds so much better. I went to Best-Buy and struggled over what kind of player I wanted to upgrade to. There are players now that do support both HD and Blue-ray formats but I decided on the PS3 because I wanted to play the upgraded games as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2007 1:56:16 PM PDT
You're confusing PCM with Dolby Digital. The PS3 will pass the DD5.1 sound over the optical output, but the uncompressed PCM will only work via the HDMI.

I'd also be curious to know how you get "true surround" through headphones. Do you have extra ears in the back of your head? :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›