5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless install on 2009 Macbook, August 4, 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Software)
I purchased this full version so I could load it on my Macbook via bootcamp and it worked flawlessly. All of the drivers for my computer peripherals were loaded correctly. The At&T Uverse wireless internet was configured in a snap. Bootcamp is a great utility. I was only able to load 32 bit version because my mac was just on the outside of the requirements for 64 bit. But it still works great! I really like this version of windows. We use XP at work and it was great for a while especially after win 95 but Win 7 is incredible. We skipped Vista so this upgrade was long overdue. Everything seems to work better. The Adobe CS 5 suite is amazing on Win 7. I wish there were better font management options. All in good time I assume.

*update* 7-23-2012
I have finally upgraded my Mac to lion and Win 7 still runs perfectly on the bootcamp drive. I had waited longer than I usually would to upgrade Mac OS X because I was reading that there was some issues with the bootcamp partition and OS X lion. Well, I had no issues whatsoever. I wish I would have upgraded earlier. This dual boot machine is the best thing that I have ever done. It's like have 2 computers with you at all times! I can't wait to get my hands on Win 8. It looks great!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2012 7:32:46 AM PST
Toni Gozinya says:
John, thanks for this review. Its definitely helped me solidify my decision to get Windows for my iMac. I just bought Parallels for my iMac and I am looking to get Windows 7 Home Premium version. My question to you is can this version be installed on multiple comps.? I want to install it on my iMac as well as my spouses Macbook. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 1:26:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Oct 8, 2012 1:49:44 AM PDT
John Schultz says:
I had Parallels and did not like it. If all you need is the Microsoft office suite Parallels will be fine but for anything processor intensive like games it was a bit lacking. I would suggest installing Win 7 natively on it's own partition via bootcamp instead of using Parallels.

I am unsure if Win 7 will allow you to install on more than one computer but I think the license is for only one machine. Give it a shot and let me know how it went.

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 1:58:29 PM PDT
i have mac with 10.7 operating system. so which one do i have to choose 34bit verison or 64 bit verison. thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2012 10:29:57 PM PDT
John Schultz says:
I'm pretty sure it has more to do with your hardware and not your OS version. Mine is a Early 2009 Macbook and does not meet the requirements. I'm running 10.7.4 and can only run 32 bit effectively. I'm pretty sure if your Mac is late 2009 or newer you could do 64 bit.

Posted on Oct 7, 2012 2:56:09 PM PDT
M. Posa says:
John, I'm an iMac user and need to run a Windows-only program for work. From what you've written, I don't really need to get Parallels as long as I have bootcamp (I do) and am willing to reboot in order to get back to my Mac, right? Also, I don't know if I need Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit, based upon your comments. I bought it in 2006(!). Do you recommend that I buy the Windows 7 that has both 32 and 64 bit just to be safe? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012 1:45:00 AM PDT
John Schultz says:
Yes, all you need is a valid copy of win 7 and bootcamp and you will be able to make a dual boot machine that allows you to access each system while holding the option key during the boot. I would for sure backup everything first just to be on the safe side. I use a program called superduper for my backups. Time machine will also work fine if you prefer that. Also make sure to run Apples software updater before installing Win 7 just so you know you have the latest version of bootcamp.

I personally purchased this copy of win 7 with both 32 and 64 knowing that I will eventually upgrade my mac and any new mac you can buy now will support 64 bit. I'm fairly confident that if you purchased the 32 bit only version of Win 7 you should not have any issues installing it but in the world of computers you never know, so this review is spcific to this version of Win 7. I hope yours also installs flawlessly!

Posted on Jul 5, 2013 9:14:45 AM PDT
My past computer (still using it) is Vista. I've had it about four years and never liked it much. I "got my hands" on a new 'puter with Windows 8. I hate it! "hate" is a word I very, very rarely use. I am wanting to downgrade to Windows 7. All the people that I know that are using it, love it. Please, just look before you leap with 8. Of course, you may love it; but, let's just say, "It's different." Very different.

Posted on Aug 10, 2013 8:31:16 PM PDT
John, thank you for the review. I have a Mac Air OSX version 10.8.4. I want to use my Transparent Language software for learning spanish on my MAc. (I have a CD rom DVD Drive for this). Most of the software from Transparent requires 32 bit...my question is, with this Windows 7, which includes both 32 and 64 versions, when initially installing, do you have to commit to one version or another. I plan to install it through boot camp.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2013 12:25:25 PM PDT
M. Roswalka says:
When installing you will have choose 32 or 64. But you may want to install the 64 bit regardless because your 32bit software should run just fine on a 64bit system and any new software you buy will be able to take advantage of the 64bit system.

Hope That helps

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2013 10:08:51 PM PDT
It does, thank you so much for spending the time to answer!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (419 customer reviews)

$302.99