5.0 out of 5 stars Remember my childhood, June 15, 2008
This review is from: Little Mommy (Little Golden Book) (Hardcover)
I use to own an original copy of this book. However, many years of moving and the book was left behind - somewhere. I've researched and researched for years now and I'm so happy to find the book in print again. As it should be as a: Little Golden Book CLASSIC!

The book opens with, "This is my house and I am the mommy. My children are Annabelle, Betsy and Bonnie." and sets out to tell a story of domestic life as we were taught in the late 60's through the 70's. Our role as a woman was to become a "Mommy" all fully domesticated and long for a husband to take care of us and build a family with. [Not at all who I turned out to be at 32 *haha*]

But the memories remain of my "Mommy" reading me this story bringing back a wonderful time cuddled up next to her in my bed as she would read me to sleep each night. So, I've decided I'm going to give this copy to her for her birthday, in the hope that someday when I have a daughter she will read it to her.

I'm so pleased to see it back in print as original copies of the book go for $75 dollars or more via auction sites.

I haven't received my copy yet but it looks wonderful from the photo on Amazon. The hardcover seems to be keeping to those original muted greens and blues but still vibrant enough to recapture time.

A great addition to your Golden Book collection or just to bring back memories as I know there is a cult following of this wonderful children's classic.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2012 4:52:08 PM PDT
NonaV says:
Thanks for noting the first line of the book. I got chills. :) And now I can be certain this is the book I remember, too, from the early 70s! I only recalled the names of the dolls...not the title.

Yeah, I am 39, and as yet have no kids, but I remember that I LOVED this little book, and all things doll-play and traditional 50s-ish. :) Well, I have a niece, so perhaps I can read it to her, when she visits.

I also found "A Rainbow for Me" today, another one I only recalled as pictures. Google is an amazing thing!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.6 out of 5 stars (313 customer reviews)

$3.99 $3.35