41 of 43 people found the following review helpful
The Little Camera that Can!,
This review is from: Kodak Easyshare Touch M5370 16 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom, HD Video Capture and 3.0-Inch Capacitive Touchscreen LCD (Blue) (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Kodak M5370 is a little gem that was built for fun and convenience. And with 16 mega-pixels, it can also deliver quality prints. In the hands of a skilled photographer, this camera can produce photos almost as good as those that are produced by a single lens reflex.
1. The photos you'll get with this little camera are pixel-dense, so you can enlarge your photos up to 40" x 30" (or the biggest size on your printer). It offers almost double the pixels of my very expensive single lens reflex camera.
2. Colors are accurate, and, with the 5X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH Optical Zoom Lens, sharpness is excellent (with a single exception mentioned below). This is especially valuable because sharpening photos in digital labs will sometimes pixelate your photo and, therefore, may not produce the results you hoped for.
3. The camera itself is tiny and weighs very little, making it perfect to slip in a pocket or purse where it can be easily retrieved for quick use. Say you're on a shopping trip, and you wonder "Is this the right scarf for Aunt Maisy?" Grab a quick shot, head for the nearest internet connection, and upload your find to you mom for an almost instant response. Another step into the future of photography!
4. Play with your photos while they're still in the camera. Crop them, change their color or get rid of color altogether, decorate them with frames - there's plenty of options for editing your photos before you get home. The easy-to-use touch screen provides you lots of possibilities -- instantly!
5. Share those shots with friends. Upload your photos directly to Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites, plus you can send them directly to photo printers like those at drugstores and pick up prints on your way home (depending on the speed of the printer, not your camera.
6. And my favorite - blue. Now I had to wonder why I cared if my camera was blue, but that was before I actually used it. Here's one reason you might want a camera of a different color - identification. The size of this camera, small, will not distinguish it from any other pocket camera in your collection, but its color will. Grab and go just got a little easier.
1. I'm still attempting to find a little camera that produces a sharp image at only inches from the subject. This one comes close, but I'm not ready to award it my seal of perfection.
2. The memory in the camera holds very few photos (only eight for me). Since I'm using the highest number of pixels, this is not a great surprise, but to use the camera as I usually do required the purchase of a microSDHC. The camera will now hold a reasonable number of pictures -- but be aware that the microSDHC is NOT included in the box. You must purchase it as a separate item.
With the exceptions I've mentioned above, I could hardly be more pleased with this little camera. And my objections are not serious enough to deny stars, so the Kodak M5370 gets all five.