5.0 out of 5 stars Wow this thing is amazing, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Apple MacBook Air MD760LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
So first I will say I am coming from a MacBook air 11' mid 2011 with 2GB ram and 64GB harddrive. This one I got has 4GB of ram and 128GB harddrive. I use this laptop mainly for browsing the internet and some programming. Now that you have a little background Ill give a quick review.

From the get go this laptop is MUCH faster then my previous Macbook air. When you open the lid you are ready to go that second. On the old one I would have to wait a little for it to load and if I left chrome up and clicked on it right away then I would get the loading wheel. I havent seen this do it once. That could be because of the harddrive being so much faster.

When I opened the box the laptop was already charged to 91% so im trying to kill it. Well I was on it ALL NIGHT last night and now its the morning and its only at 60%. That battery life is amazing and let me honest thats what we ask for in a laptop.

If you are up in the air about this laptop(no pun intended). I would say give it a go. You could even buy it from the Apple store and if you dont like it just return it.

If you are replacing an older Macbook air and have one thats because the mid 2012 then I would say get it but if you have the mid 2012 I dont know if I would suggest spending the money unless you really want battery. I hope this helps anyone trying to purchase this laptop.

I am not an Apple fan boy. My desktop is a custom build Window machine so I know both worlds. Please if you have any questions just comment and I will be happy to try things for you or just answer questions.

I am a Computer Engineer so im use to testing things so feel free to ask.
(This is my first review)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 19 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 19, 2013 7:44:58 AM PDT
Hi, I have a question. Between the two which would you recommend buying, and the new iPad (iPad 4) or the new MacBook Air 13.3 Inch? I am a college student. I would really appreciate your thought on my question. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 4:36:33 PM PDT
Aggietoker says:
Howdy, I'm not the poster of this particular review but I'm a college student and figured you could appreciate another experience.

I've had an Ipad 4 since it went live last October and I loved it! The battery life is awesome, 8ish hours, depending on what I do on it. I used it in class to view notes/PowerPoint and to take notes. I also used it for netflix/hulu, casual games, and surfing the web of course. I purchased a Bluetooth keyboard for it that worked great but typing on the screen was also good unless I was typing several pages at which time I would just switch to the Bluetooth KB. The Ipad 4 works GREAT for all of those things, the reason I'm selling it now and purchased the new MBA is because I needed to make and edit power points which you can't do on the Ipad and also for software that the Ipad doesn't have or can't run. The new MBA's have an amazing battery life and the 11inch MBA is perfect for me as an Ipad 4 replacement that can do everything my desktop can at virtually the same portability of an Ipad 4.

I still think that Ipad 4 is a great device with great utility for the right tasks but it is limited as to what it can do, of course. If you want to use it in the fashion that I described above, it's perfect! If you think you may want more of portable desktop replacement and the freedom and portability of a Macbook air (with an amazing 12+ hour battery for the 13inch) then I would pick the MBA.

Good luck choosing!

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 5:39:34 PM PDT
Shelly-Ann says:
I'm curious, not sure if you can answer this however, I am tossing up between the MBA or a customized 2012 MBA. You aware about the performance of the MBA 2012 8gb Ram, Intel i7 vs the base model of the newly released one? Just trying to ascertain if the newer model out performers the best of the older model.

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 7:15:57 PM PDT
Dylan says:
If you ordered this on amazon, were you charged tax?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 6:58:59 AM PDT
David Kim says:

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 2:22:11 PM PDT
L. Goedde says:
Hi, I am seriously considering this laptop because I need a new one for school. I am currently pursuing a degree in computer engineering and was wondering if it would be well suited for programming and use for classes in general. I don't need anything ultrapowerful, just some good battery life. Would you recommend the i7 with 8 gb of ram over the standard configuration?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 9:51:22 PM PDT
Thank you so much for taking the time to giving me your opinion, I really appreciate that. I would also like to edit Powerpoint and Word on the go. Thanks again for your opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013 9:51:59 PM PDT
Thank you, for your comment.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2013 10:19:30 PM PDT
David Poag says:
These guys on Quora recommend it. http://www.quora.com/Is-the-new-13-inch-MacBook-Air-capable-enough-for-iOS-development

Posted on Jun 25, 2013 7:23:09 AM PDT
Som says:
What kind of programming are you doing on this air? how is it compared to your desktop?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (548 customer reviews)

$1,099.00 $886.68