Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless--non essential for the Mac. Cannot print checks any longer!, February 23, 2010
If there was a way to give this product 0-stars that would be my rating. Good thing that they have a 60-day money back policy as I am sending this back today.

I did see, before I bought this, that you can no longer track investment accounts (other than a balance) and I was fine with that as well as some of the additional items listed that were no longer included. However, they should put in big bold letters on the box and on Amazon's product listing that, "This program no longer allows users to print checks." What were they thinking? I, like many, do not write a lot of checks but for 5 or 10 each month that I do write--I used Quicken and printed the check in the program (using the overpriced Intuit checks--which I just happened to re-order 3 months ago) .

There are so many more things missing from this program that were in older versions (and are not spelled out in detail) it would be silly to list them. However, needless to say, if you made use of even one of these features then you will be asking for trouble in getting this program. For example, you can no longer keep track of loans or mortgages and show the actual principal and interest due. All you can do is show a "liability" account and the balance remaining.

What a complete and absolute waste this program is. It is little more than a conduit to download your various bank and credit card accounts in one place without going to the various account websites.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

R. Hamilton says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2010 10:52:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2010 10:52:31 PM PST
R. Hamilton says:
it has been released early in some Best Buy stores and selected few had the demo/beta.

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 7:36:27 AM PST
sunman42 says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2010 7:51:45 AM PST
jsschi says:
I do not write many checks per month but my handwriting is a mess and I like having them machine printed. As for other missing features--like mortgage accounts--I guess maybe after all the bailouts less than 6% now have mortgages. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2010 8:10:29 AM PST
D. MILLER says:
6% seems like a lot of people. Do 6% of users actually use all of those report writing features? Might as well cut all of those too. I was about to order the product and saw that you can no longer print checks. I'll stick with 07 now, for all of its flaws and bugs.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2010 5:28:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2010 3:32:31 PM PST
J. Krol says:
Only 6% use Bill Pay..only 6% use print checks..only 6% save attachments..only 6% use detailed investments. etc. The problem is all those 6% blocks are not the same group of people.

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 3:25:00 PM PST
Kathryn says:
Hi All,
We know that this version of our Quicken for Mac Essentials software does not include some of the features of previous versions. But, we are always working to improve Quicken for Mac Essentials, and if you'd like to participate in that process, please join our Quicken Inner Circle (http://quicken.satmetrix.com/quicken/portal/home) and let us know what you'd like to see happen next.

As always, we stand behind our products, and this one has a money-back guarantee--we want you to be happy either way--

Thanks,
Kathryn
Intuit Employee

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2010 8:33:22 PM PST
If Intuit knows that the new version does not include features from previous versions, why are they charging $70 for it? If this was going for $30 - $50, I think it would get a better response from all of us you have been waiting years for it. Sell it for $50 and brand it Phase 1 of the future vision of Quicken on a Mac. I bet it will do better then.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2010 11:27:12 AM PST
Not everyone operates by the same stereotype: in my community people still use checks quite often. Am I expected to pay Little League team dues via online banking, or make donations to charity, or any of 50 other things I could name? Many companies - like my utility company - still do not accept electronic payments, and I don't have the option to switch companies. There are also reasons why printing checks is far preferable to writing them by hand; one is the value of time - as in entering and printing in a simple step, which is one reason people use financial software in the first place.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›