13 of 13 people found the following review helpful
Less then meets the eye,
This review is from: Transformers the Game - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
First I will give the pros and cons of this game.
- Charactor design is very good. Looks like characters from the movie.
- Interaction with the envirnment. Being able to pick up and throw objects and the distruction of an urban city makes it feel like you are in a true transformers world.
- The voice overs are decent and not over done or cheesy. Real voices from the film is always a plus.
- Range of playable characters is a big plus too. The lack of characters on the transformers game on the ps2 a few years back really plagued that game.
- The story line keeps the game going. Some movie to game have a real boring story line when trying to adapt a film script to a video game. Transformers does a nice job keeping the flow going.
- Controls are difficult, especially while transformed. Driving is just plain frustrating. Alot of botton mashing while fighting other robots.
- Lack of detail for the surrounding environment. I still find it strange that after a year and half of the 360 on the market game developers still do not use the full power of this console.
- Way too many cut scenes. This does slow down the action of the game.
- Repetitive game play. No strategy what so ever. Like I said, alot of botton mashing.
- Not much room for free roam. The setting is just to small for this game.
- I dont understand the purpose of having weapons when every robot has an energy shield. The only way to defeat a ememy is either throwing objects or melee. This does not make much sense.
I did give this game 3 stars because it does have good aspects to it, but it is not worth $59.99. I would wait for this bad boy to drop in price before purchase.