5.0 out of 5 stars Not only the best Transformers game, but a great 3rd person action game in its own right, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron [Download] (Software Download)
I didn't play High Moon Studios first Transformers-based game, War For Cybertron, but I saw and heard good things about it so I decided to give Fall of Cybertron a shot on Steam.

I'm very impressed with the game as a whole. The campaign mode is action-packed and extremely fun to play as all the different characters in the Transformers universe, and the multiplayer, with progression, transformer customization and numerous weapon unlocks, is a blast to play online and will serve as an important factor in the ongoing replayability of this game.

But most importantly, the gameplay itself is basically perfect in how it feels and the things you can do as a giant, superpowerful transforming robot. As it should be.
Transforming back and forth between your vehicle and humanoid forms is fluid and very satisfying visually to witness, but also essential to success in combat. There are an endless number of tactics and exciting ways to maneuver using the transform function and you'll quickly realize, not only how much fun it is, but how much more effective you can be once you have mastered it.

Great game and worth playing for sure, for either the story mode or online 6v6 multiplayer (includes deathmatch, conquest, capture the flag, and headhunter modes) alone, and certainly for both.
I purchased the game on steam, and my only issue with the game so far is that it can be hard to get into games and have enough players in lobbies to start matches. Perhaps because there aren't that many people that bought the game yet, so go buy it!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 19, 2012 7:52:51 PM PDT
Sam says:
Thanks for the mention of there not being enough players in the lobby. I was wondering that myself since I wanted to pick up a PC copy for when I'm on the go. I can only speak for the Xbox 360 verson, but connecting with others is seemless as there are plenty of players on it's network.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:40:03 PM PDT
D. Orosz says:
Yeah it's somewhat troublesome. I can definitely still get into games and play with a full 6 on 6 rather frequently, just not at all times during the day. I usually play at night and there are games available usually, but only for deathmatch and conquest. Capture the flag and headhunter I have only had the chance to play a couple of times unfortunately.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 10:54:53 AM PDT
J. Guerrein says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 7:28:05 PM PDT
D. Orosz says:
I'm not a developer nor do I have any association with the game other than being a Transformers fan, just offering my personal opinion on the game. Game isn't perfect, it is a console port and there are some bugs, but I think it's an enjoyable experience overall, simply giving credit where credit is due. You are entitled to your own opinion.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 1:40:05 AM PDT
Dee Jae says:
Great game ~ enjoy it more than WFC & Metal Gear Solid HD & 4
Sry folks ~ I guess I enjoy faster paced games ~ snake is on the lazy side for Me
& online w/ dinobots & sect-i-cons is fine fun :)
Even though I get my digitized a22 kickd by level 17 players :(

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 1:30:43 PM PDT
Ren Höek says:
Thanks, helpful review.

Hope you don't mind me asking, are the keyboard controls customizable in this game? It usually goes without saying for a PC game, but for some reason War for Cyberton did not allow customizable controls and it made it frustrating to play, so it may be a deal-breaker for me or force me to consider buying an X-Box. I'm also a big transformers fan and, aside from the controls, I was very pleased with the last game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2012 9:22:31 PM PDT
D. Orosz says:
The controls are not manually customizable, however there are 6 pre-set key configurations available in the settings. Personally, the 'Default' control set up is solid enough to where I never felt like I needed to change any of the mouse or keyboard functions. But yeah that was something I was surprised was left out of the game in the first place. Luckily I don't think it's necessary with this game because of the variety of pre-set configurations.

Posted on May 4, 2014 7:12:41 PM PDT
H. collision says:
do I need to play Transformers: war of Cybertron first or is it a totally new story, or is it connected to the old game and I will be left with question marks while playing it?
thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2014 7:21:06 PM PDT
D. Orosz says:
I did not play Transformers: War For Cybertron but I believe the campaign mode for Fall of Cybertron is a continuation of the storyline from the first game. However, the storyline is pretty easy to follow. I don't think you 'need' to play the first game to enjoy this game.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2014 11:07:44 AM PDT
H. collision says:
thanks for your prompt reply and for your assurance, the price for this game have dropped dramatically and it looks too good to miss, sometimes what puts you off is the fact that there are previous sequel and u cannot buy both. I saw it`s reviews online and thought it was a worth it game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (32 customer reviews)

$59.99