5.0 out of 5 stars About as real of a movie as it gets., February 10, 2012
This review is from: Act of Valor [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
You might notice the date for this post is two weeks before launch. that is because I am part of the military and was invited to an advance showing of this movie.

Non-spoiler summary: Act Of valor is based around SEAL Team 7 sometime around September 2010. This is a fictionalized film, these events really did not happen but they are based on events that have happened to SEALS since the war on terrorism. In 2007 the two directors of this film, Mike McCoy and Scott Waugh, worked on a film project where the navy allowed them to work with real Navy SEALS. The directors came out with an idea to make a realistic movie based on the Navy SEALS. While deciding on casting they decided that the only people they wanted playing the Seals were the Seals they met themselves. Act of Valor uses real Navy SEALS and at times real ammunition in some of the fire fight scenes.

If you have not seen this film I definitely recommend to at least rent it. It is not a documentary but it is the most realistic military movie that I have seen. Definitely worth a viewing.

Some Spoilers:

A CIA operative is captured by a drug smuggler. SEAL Team 7 is sent in to save her. SEAL Team 7 discovers the Drug smuggler is connected to a high level terrorist that seeks vengeance on America. The SEALS are in a race against time to uncover the plot and stop the terrorist before they reach their target in America.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2012 7:27:59 AM PST
L. Magee says:
Loved your review!
I am so....ready to see this film (tomorrow). Can't wait!!
I've already added this movie to my wish list to pre-order when it becomes available.
I am so glad that FINALLY a movie like this was made in an effort to hopefully, bring back a sense of patiotism to many hearts of Americans.
I am also grateful to the many sacrifices that all of our military members, and their families make in order to help keep America safe from those who would do us harm.
God Bless America, and our Military, who are the very best, hands down!
Thanks, guys and gals for all you do!!

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 6:02:44 PM PDT
I am a combat veteran of the Viet Nam War. The Marine company I was assigned to requested SEAL team assistance on at least two diffent occations. The only thing we were asked to do was to stay away from them while they were in the area. We did and they accomplished what we were not able to do. It was all good! They performed eactly as planned and in a highly professional manner. I will conclude that I never met them. They in turn never met us. The job was done. I thank them every chance I get. I look forward to seeing them do this movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:12:31 PM PDT
Michael, I thank you for your service to our country.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 11:05:58 PM PDT
Thanks for your service, Marine!

I myself am the son of a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer. I did not get to serve as I was screened out for my faulty hearing (US Army). I currently rent a room in a house owned by a Vietnam Army Corpsman with a Vietnam Marine combat veteran housemate. I made sure that I saw the film in theater, and took the Army Corpsman land lord with me.

Was very much worth the money spent, and I hope that they choose to make more films like this one. I have since purchased a digital copy on iTunes to enjoy watching more often.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 3:14:16 PM PDT
A. Brennan says:
Mike,

Good review. May I suggest a spell checker next time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (965 customer reviews)

$19.99 $11.99