5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, May 11, 2011
This review is from: LG Infinia 55LW5600 55-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120 Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Four Pairs of 3D Glasses (2011 Model) (Electronics)
So after 15 years of watching our 27 inch Magnavox box, I decided to leap into the 21st century and buy a new flat panel TV. And as long as I was buying a new TV, I might as well get the latest technology. I spent hours on-line researching all the brands available and learning the difference between Plasma vs LCD and Interactive 3D vs Passive 3D. I also went to all the stores and looked at the screens from all the TV's hanging on the walls. Finally, I read all the reviews from all the different websites on all the various TV's. Man, now I was totally confused and had no idea which TV to buy.

I looked at what made sense for me and my family and decided that the most important feature I needed was a 3D picture that all 5 members of my family could sit around and watch without taking a mortgage out on the glasses. I went with the 55LW5600 passive 3D.

Wow ! I made a great choice.

The 3D picture is fantastic. It is so clear and looks so alive. I bought a 3D Blu Ray player also, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but we are so awe struck by the 3D that my family has demanded that I go out and buy more 3D movies. I went out and bought another 2 set of glasses for $24 and now friends can join in the fun. The 3D experience has become a hit.

The 2D to 3D format is pretty cool. It's not quite 3D, but it does add depth. My wife watched Dancing with the Stars in this mode and loved it and I watched a hockey game and it was great.

We have HD channels on our cable system and that picture is also amazing. Again, very clear and sharp. I don't watch the digital channels anymore unless I have to.

Set up was easy. The system recocnized the Blu Ray and the internet. Pretty much, plug it in and go. we have Netflix, which works great, but I haven't spent a lot of time on the other Aps yet. I also have not tried any video games on this TV. Also, we sit about 10 feet from the TV and am glad we bought the 55 inch.

Overall, for the average TV watcher like myself, great TV. To get passive 3D and all the functions found on all other TV's, for the price, the 55LW5600 is the way to go.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]