5.0 out of 5 stars * Applause*, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Silence (The Hush, Hush Saga Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
**FYI, this review contain a spoiler alert for the first two books in the series. I have made it clear so you can skip it if you haven't read "Hush, Hush" or "Crescendo" yet.**

I always rate the books I read, but I rarely write reviews. Unless the book is mind-numbing bad or exceptionally good, I feel readers should choose how they feel about a book on their own. Let's face it, 9 times out of 10, I don't agree with the reviews so why add to droves. But "Silence" spoke to me. I felt I need to share.

The book was a very easy read...I read the entire book in less than a day. It made me think, it made me chuckle, and it made me sigh. I even liked Scott in this time around.

The thing I love most about these books is that Fitzpatrick gave us a strong, intelligent female character that didn't go brainless as soon as her hormones kicked in. Nora is by no means a strait arrow, but she has a good heart and does reckless things for the right reasons. She knows that actions have consequences. She learns from her experiences and is a stronger person because of them. I commend Fitzpatrick for giving us a realistic 17 year old that other girls her age can aspire to be like.

Let me start by saying that I was very happy that "Silence" filled in the what I saw as glaring plot holes in both "Hush, Hush" and "Crescendo". It has always bothered me that Nora is human and will eventually grow old and die. Even Patch admits that the human he originally fell for died. How can you have an all consuming love that won't last. Yes they can potentially have 60-70 years together, but what is that to an Angel that is tens of thousands of years old...it's a blink of an eye in comparison. This might not seem like an issue to the targeted audience of this book series, but I'm a bit older and defiantly well read. So this hole really bothered me. But the immortal plot hole was a minor one compared to the on that I found in "Crescendo"...

**MINOR SPOILER ALERT FOR CRESCENDO & HUSH, HUSH***

How can Hank Miller be Nora's father and STILL BE ALIVE!!!!! After Nora sacrificed herself and the end of "Hush, Hush" Hank Miller should be dead TOO!!!!

**SPOILER DONE***

This revaluation nearly killed the series for me. But the ending of "Crescendo" was so well written that it renewed my faith in Fitzpatrick. If fact, the ending left me literally screaming "NOOOOOOOO!" at my Kindle while frantically pushing the next button repeatably because I couldn't believe it would just stop like that!

In "Silence" Fitzpatrick neatly sewed up these gaping holes in the story with a creative elegance that left me with both satisfaction and anticipation for the next book. So many other authors force the answers in at the end as if they only did it because the editor/publisher made them do it. But, with Fitzpatrick, you can tell by the way that the answers were woven into the story that these plot holes were intentional. To me, this shows that the entire series was well thought out.

In the end, I greatly enjoyed this book and I look forward to not just the last book in the series, but to all the future stories that Fitzpatrick will weave with the magic of her imagination.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]