4.0 out of 5 stars If Your Kids Like Any of the Lego Games, They'll Like This Too!, August 9, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Brave - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
What can I say? You run around and hack at stuff with a sword and shoot your bow (the right stick bow action is pretty slick I have to admit, although it can be tricky sometimes) & collect coins to buy stuff and jump on platforms and sidescroll through the game while occasionally doing some puzzles and fighting a main bad guy here and there. In short, Merida may as well be a Lego figurine because that's basically what this is. And I can play with my kids because for some reason I LOVE collecting as many coins as I can; I do the same thing on the Lego games too. QUICK SIDE NOTE: I would really help out to watch the movie before playing this game because event though they do walk you through the story, it's hard to follow unless you know what happened in the movie.

I gave it 4 stars simply for the fact that it is a pretty short game with slight replay value without multiplayer (you can go back and try to collect all the stuff in freeplay, but that rarely happens with my kids and I only want to play when they are playing so you are buying a game for a start to finish experience once through only essentially).

Also, and I really didn't take any stars away for this, but I ordered the game for half off on a deal of the day special and it took over two weeks before it shipped! I don't know if this was a fluke, but I have seen when Amazon runs out of the daily deal, they simply run out. However, it seems that they continued orders that they knew they couldn't fulfill immediately. Not a big deal for just a video game I suppose and this is the first time I have experienced this, but I just hope this doesn't become a new trend because I love my Prime shipping and near instant gratification. :-)

UPDATE: 8/14/12

Ok, I just want to make it clear that this is solely a SINGLE PLAYER game, but there are times when an adult will be needed to solve a puzzle or defeat a series of enemies or make a difficult jump (even on the easy setting; I often ramp up the difficulty when I am given the controller in certain sections to make it more difficult and, thus, a little more satisfying and you can adjust the difficulty in game and on the fly as necessary which is great in my opinion).

Just wanted to clear up any confusion with my review (since I compared it to the Lego games, but those are CO-OP TWO PLAYER games and this is only SINGLE PLAYER if that matters to you. Still a fun and great game though. :-)

[Add comment]