29 of 33 people found the following review helpful
Does not work using Win 8 64-Bit,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: HDE Wireless Receiver compatible w/ Xbox 360 controller to PC (Video Game)
Does not work in Windows 8, which seems to be a common complaint. After 2 hours of searching forums and continually deleting and reinstalling drivers, I'm officially done trying.
EDIT: Got it working under Win 8, 64-Bit, but it's still somewhat of a pain. Here are the steps:
1) Install Microsoft's 360 controller software. If you Google "microsoft 360 drivers" it will be the second hit from the top.
2) With receiver plugged in, go to Device Manager > Other Devices.
3) You should see an Unknown Device. Uninstall its drivers.
4) Unplug receiver, then plug it back in.
5) You should see the same Unknown Device reappear under Other Devices.
6) Update Drivers for Other Device.
7) Select "Browse my computer for device software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
8) Choose Microsoft as the manufacturer, then look towards the bottom of the list for "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows" and install the software.
9) At this point (hopefully) you should be able to sync the devices together.
Note that if you disconnect the receiver you will need to redo the steps above. So yeah, I can confirm that it does work under Windows 8.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2013 11:59:14 AM PST
A. Shelton says:
A video would be so much appreciated.
Posted on Feb 11, 2014 6:28:54 PM PST
Arun S Kumar says:
Perfect instructions. Had the same issue when I upgraded due 8.1
Posted on Feb 18, 2014 2:53:34 PM PST
Thank you so much man... I thought I was a computer genius lol. Your instructions helped immensely.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›