Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saving precision tool, March 26, 2010
This review is from: SureFire E2D LED Defender Flashlight (Sports)
The thought of spending $150 on a flashlight was completely absurd to me. That is until I saw what a $150 flashlight could do.

I don't know how else to say this. This illumination tool will completely change the way you do business. For the average person, a flashlight is sort of a novelty device that can come in handy once in a while. For campers, emergency workers, and disaster conscious folks, the usefulness that the E2D LED Defender brings to the table is a bargain at $150.

Not only is this thing ridiculously bright, but it's bright in a way that is completely next level. This is no less than a search light or spot light. It doesn't just make things more visible, it mimics sunlight. You can see vivid colors and depth and this thing casts it's light FAR.

I mean I-can-look-into-the-bushes-two-blocks-away-far.

And to top it all off, it's strong enough and shaped just right incase you ever need to take a chunk out of some idiot's head after you just blinded him. Seriously.

You will NEVER find me without my torch. I could be wearing a 3 piece suit and you can bet money that I'll have my E2D LED Defender and a pocket knife on my person. It's become THAT integral in my daily life.

You will not be disappointed.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 2, 2010 4:43:46 PM PDT
JBat says:
Good review, and I agree. I bought two of these for my wife and me for Christmas, and everything you say is true. I have a 4-cell Maglite that is pathetically dim in comparison to this little dynamo. I've never seen a flashlight like it and it's so SMALL! I'm thinking about picking up another for my vehicle.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2010 12:32:19 PM PDT
Five 28 says:
Thanks for your comment JBat. I also have a 4 cell Maglite and was trying to determine whether this Surefire would be worth the extra money as compared to a rechargeable Maglite. Looks like I'll be ordering one for myself.

Posted on Aug 28, 2012 9:46:44 AM PDT
Jake says:
Great review. How do you carry yours on your person all the time? Did you get a holster for it? It seems a bit bulky to throw into a pocket. I just ordered one.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 1:37:11 PM PDT
You know what I've been doing lately is just sticking it in my back pocket next to my wallet. I forget it's ever there when I'm wearing jeans. If I'm at work and wearing khakis or slacks I just use the integrated clip to hang it on the inside of my front pocket. I tried the carrying pouch for it but it was never comfortable for me. That and it drew attention which is the last thing I wanted to do.

Yes, it can be a hassle when I'm wearing sweat shorts or something like that but it's just come in handy too many times.

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 1:32:59 AM PDT
Victoria says:
I bought another brand's "tactical" LED flashlight and it was approximately $80 here on amazon. 320 lumens, two CR123 batteries, droppable, almost waterproof, made for the military, strong rapid strobe (which really blinds a bad guy) and curved bezel to smash in someone's face if necessary. I love the light and can find no fault with it. This Surefire is at least $150 now on amazon if not more now. I believe one is, to some extent, paying for the name on the Surefire. Even if it is somehow 5% better, it's not worth the Surefire price.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2012 8:04:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 8:06:06 AM PDT
I agree. There a LOT of less expensive options out there now but I wrote this review a few years ago.

I've purchased several great products from four sevens and fenix for a fraction of the price. The are definitely high quality and a fantastic way to get into the market but to be honest with you, my E2D LED Defender is the only one I'd bet my life on. Until you've had to live with one day in and day out, it's hard to explain.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›