2.0 out of 5 stars Rethinking Opinion of Evictor and Pest Tools, December 5, 2011
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 100K (Kitchen)
We've had an Evictor 10K for several years and thought we were squirrel-free (we've had an on-going problem with flying squirrels for many years.)

This year following Hurricane Irene we were without power for six days and likewise after the early snow storm here in the northeast at the end of October another six days. Shortly thereafter we started hearing the squirrels again. I sent my 10K, whose bulb had dimmed from prolonged use, to Pest Tools to have a new strobe tube installed and bought a new Evictor 100K here on Amazon. I then placed both units working at full strength in the attic.

These two units had no effect on the squirrels - they continued their activity night after night even with two Evictors going. I had one at each end of the attic to ensure full coverage. The worst noise came from the end of the attic where the 100K (most powerful) unit was installed.

We waited for almost two weeks but the noise continued. We finally had to call a pest control company which blocked the squirrel entrances and subsequently removed eight flying squirrels. We are currently squirrel-free.

It's too late for us to return the 100K unit so we're going to leave it and the 10K operating although we don't have much confidence in this technology anymore.

My advice, if you want to try these products, is to save the original packing materials, etc. in case you need to return them. Give them a 29-day test and, if they fail to work, return them while you can.

Also, Pest Tools, after a very cordial initial relationship (they repaired my 10K unit for free) does not respond to my emails now. They promised me a $20 Amazon Gift Card in return for submitting an on-line review - which I did and it was a very positive review regarding their customer service. The card never showed up. Needless to say I'm also reconsidering my estimation of Pest Tools customer service at this point.

[Add comment]