5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so AWESOME!!!, April 26, 2012
This review is from: LG 65LM6200 65-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Having owned a 2004 62" Toshiba DLP set (62hmx94) for the last 8 years, I didn't want to downsize so I went with the LG 65LM6200 but I got it from HHGregg locally for $2450. I'm blown away by the picture quality and 3d of this set. I think the resolution upscaler (new for 2012) and Triple XD (vs last year's XD, which refers to the number of processors: 3 vs 1)make a difference because standard def content never looked so good! Fired up Born To Be Wild 3d Blu-Ray on my PS3 and I am BLOWN AWAY by the immersive 3d. I watched this movie at the IMAX when it came out and if you own a 3d set, you owe it to yourself to get this one. It is one of the best 3d Blu-Ray experiences out there. I just purchased this TV last night but did a ton of research on this set and the 65LW6500 (last year's model) beforehand and was ready to buy the LW6500 until I was able to get a price within $250 (for warranty and all) of last year's model for the 65LM6200. I didn't feel an extra $700 was worth it but for $250 I was willing to pull the trigger. I'm sure in the next few months the price I negotiated will become the norm so I just sped up my timetable with a little hard negotiating. I really like Amazon but not enough to pay a few hundred more! I did notice a little clouding in the lower middle right of the screen but was able to resolve that by massaging the screen with a microfiber cloth. I have not noticed any of the flashlighting or edge bleed reported with many of last year's LW6500 sets. Maybe I got lucky but hopefully it's because LG addressed this well known issue from last year. I like the WiDi support(haven't used it yet) and dual gaming (not sure if I'll use it) but the 2d to 3d I have used and must say it adds alot to most programming. Great depth control and effect. You can't go wrong with either this set or the 65LW6500 but for a reasonable amount more I felt compelled to go with the 2012 set. I will update this review as my ownership experience with this set evolves.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 4, 2012 7:48:33 PM PDT
I'm looking at this tv but really need an accurate measurement of the width. Seems there are some descrepancies listed on different sites. Can you post the width up to a sixteenth of an inch. I think it is supposed to be 60 and 10 sixteenths.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 10:36:12 AM PDT
It is 60 and 9/16" inches.

Posted on May 5, 2012 10:54:34 AM PDT
Wow thanks for measuring. I really appreciate it.

Posted on May 7, 2012 6:55:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2012 6:58:12 AM PDT
5forFighting says:
John, we are on the fence with this one. Any chance you have given it a run with a video game console? We have a couple of gamers in the house and I have heard some negative results from people that have coupled a (very) large LCD/LED screen with a video game console. We currently own a 2010 LG 55LE8500 which is great set for 2D viewing and performs equally well with video games, but does not offer 3D compatibility; thus, we are considering upgrading.

Asking you because you are the first to review the 65" unit. Thanks for the review!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 7:13:02 AM PDT
DEFINITELY give it a shot. I own a PS3 more for its standalone Blu-ray player and media server capabilities but I do own a couple games, Red Dead Redemption, NBA2k11 and NBA2k12. I have not played those games very much on the new set but when I did they seemed to play well. Unlike last years 65LW6500, from what I've heard the LM6200 resolves lag issues when game mode is turned on. Best practice would be to turn on game mode and turn off any and all processing features (trumotion, dynamic contrast/color, noise reduction, etc.). Here is a post from someone on the AVSForum about this issue:
On normal settings had some lag but when I've switched into GAME mode lag was gone.
You'll have to switch off all picture procesing done by TV because that's what makes lag.

That sums up what I said. Anyone who owns this set please measure lag if you can and report back. I don't have any games that measure lag so I cannot tell you with absolute certainty that you will see zero lag with this set. I hope this helps...I'd take the plunge, the set is dynamite!

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 7:52:42 AM PDT
5forFighting says:
Wow! I really appreciate your feedback and insight as well as your prompt attention to the comments left by curious consumers. We are going to go for it, and when we end up loving it we'll have you to thank. Great stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2012 8:57:26 AM PDT
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them. That's great news! You'll be happy you did!

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 9:10:45 AM PDT
PT Cruiser says:
Thanks for the great review, John. I haven't noticed any flashlighting or edgebleed with my set either. I'll have to try the Born to be Wild 3D DVD. We watched Journey to the Center of the Earth (One Disc Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray Combo) yesterday, and that was pretty impressive.

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:13:54 PM PDT
So I ordered the TV and it was delivered today. The good news is it fits in the space (barely), but the screen was cracked so they took it back. New one next week. My question is, did you receive a tv with the same stand as in the picture? The one I received had the stand like the old 6500 but the box clearly said it was a 6200.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 6:16:57 AM PDT
Mine was a ribbon stand like it's supposed to come with. That's strange. Maybe they've changed the stand midway thru the production cycle. Sorry to hear about the cracked screen. Good news about the fit...have a good one.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›