101 of 110 people found the following review helpful
Beautiful design, tons of features, but with 1 flaw.
, September 20, 2013
This review is from: Citizen Men's JY8035-04E "Navihawk" Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch (Watch)
This watch is absolutely stunning in its design. You could tell that every detail was is precisely placed there for a reason. The features I've seen so far from only having it for 2 hours now are:
1. Solar Eco-Drive
2. Atomic Time syncing = never having to adjust your watch time!
3. Radio Controlled
4. Dual time as it will tell you your time and the time of another city (43 to be exact)
5. Glowing dials with LED lights on the digital display
6. Water resistance up to 200m
7. Soft polyurethane band
8. Anti-reflective screen
9. Citizen's 5 year Warranty!
10. Some aviation dials and measurements that I don't know how to use!
11. And there's still more features!
This watch is more than enough for me. All I wanted was something that looked good and could tell time, but you'll get a lot of extra bonuses. This watch comes with a manual that is 119 pages!!! It's two hours in and I'm only on page 22.
There are two problems to this watch, 1 small and 1 big.
1. Small problem - it comes with a 119 page manual
2. Big problem - to size the band, you have to cut the band. The polyurethane band is not one that you could simply take out links. You have to measure your wrist and it's to cut one link at a time. If you cut too much off, then you'll have to buy a new band! My jeweler and I worked on this band for half an hour to make sure that we get the sizing right! This is the reason why I can only give this watch 4 out of 5 stars. (If you're wondering why I didn't just get the Navihawk A-T with the metal band... it is because I didn't like it. I like this design with the black frame instead of the rose gold frame.)
I still love the watch regardless of cutting the band. If my wrist grows twice its size and shrinks back down again, I will buy all of the bands needed for each wrist size. The design is beautiful, the technology is all there, and the time will be accurate thanks to the Atomic Time Keeper.
It's been almost 4 months since I've had the watch now. This watch draws attention and is a good conversation starter! Still loving its charm as this is my everyday watch. I bang my wrist against walls and doors every now and then, and the watch is sturdy. There is one little scratch on the rim but not noticeable until my OCD kicks in. I'm surprised that as clumsy as I am, the watch is holding its own and still looks great! The watch is one of the most comfortable watches I have as the band is soft. Still a great watch!
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you?