5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, September 29, 2012
This review is from: Dell Inspiron i15R-2105PNK 15-Inch Laptop (Pink) (Personal Computers)
I bought this new laptop to replace my previous Dell, and it just arrived yesterday. So far, so good. I was able to set it up within minutes. Using the Windows File Transfer was awesome, too, even though it took a long time to get my settings and files over. There is not a whole lot of crap on this laptop as someone claimed, either. I was expecting a lot of junk on here when there isn't. My connection to WiFi is 5 bars which never, ever happened on the previous Dell. The speed is PRIMO! I'm extremely happy with this laptop. It has not lagged one time since I've been using it (and I have 3 browsers open at all times with 2 always logged in). My youngest daughter is happy, because she is now the owner of my other Dell since her Acer died on her. It's an Inspiron 1545 model that I bought in 2009 or 2010 and still going strong. I think Dell is the bomb :-) May this one last 10x longer :-)

Dell Inspiron i15R-2105PNK 15-Inch Laptop (Pink) UPDATE, Sep 30, 2012 5:42:08 AM PDT: Okay, let me update this after a few negative new discoveries. First off, no matter what I set this on, the screen saver does NOT come on. No matter what I set this on, it does not go to sleep while the lid is open like it is supposed to. I have changed the settings twice now, and it just doesn't matter :-( I'm not happy about this. Secondly, it runs HOT, HOT, HOT, HOT. I have a fan pointing towards that side, too, and it still is very hot to the touch. It's like the fan is NOT working to cool this off. My other Dell did NOT run hot at all. Thirdly, I see the price jacked up since I purchased this 9 days ago. I am so glad I bought it when I did, because I would NEVER pay $700 for it ($600 was bad enough)! I'm not happy with the it's performance right now at all, but I will keep trying the settings and see what happens. My main worry is how hot this runs :-(

Dell Inspiron i15R-2105PNK 15-Inch Laptop (Pink) UPDATE, Oct 12, 2012 7:48 PM CST: One more update, and I hope that's the end of this story. I woke this morning to find my laptop wouldn't function. Every file I had of .exe was defunct. It wouldn't even let me run a virus scan. It wouldn't even let me restore. It wouldn't even let the Dell tech connect to my network so he could get inside and see what was wrong. So, we had to end up doing a factory restore much to my dismay, because, of course, that would mean having to re-install all my files, programs, etc. I'm not finished as yet, but I must say this laptop must have been sick upon arrival. The graphics were absolutely horrible on here in comparison to my other Dell, the sound quality was horrible, and it ran extremely hot. Since the factory restore, the graphics are 1000 times better than before, the sound is 1000 times better than before, and it is NOT running hot...not even warm. This is a mystery, no doubt. I just hope that whatever went wrong this morning will never happen again. The Dell tech suggested I had dl'd a virus, but I beg to differ. In almost 21 years of being on line, I never have. I am one that keeps virus protection, updates it, and does not click on links when I have even an ounce of doubt about it. He could not explain how I could get a virus when my system was alseep. So, that's a mystery as well. Anyway, right this minute, I'm so happy with my laptop, but my fingers are crossed that doesn't change :-)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2012 10:58:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2012 10:58:53 AM PDT
M. Alexander says:
Good Afternoon

Its always possible to get a virus even if you didn't click on a link to download it. They are called drive-by downloads for a reason. Most of those downloadable flash games look safe but usually install other pieces of code that wreak havoc in their own way.
The autorun variety that usually copy themselves to USB keys as soon as they are inserted into an "infected" machine and are then copied to a "clean" system as soon as the autorun is activated, are particularly annoying; and the thing is, some antivirus programs don't detect these programs as viruses...so it believes that there's nothing to clean.
Also keep in mind that new windows viruses are being released daily but the updates for antivirus programs are not as frequent. (Usual response time to prepare an update for the antivirus program to detect new virus is at best 4 hrs; and that isn't taking into account, the time before first identifying the virus).

Sorry to hear about the loss of your files.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 2:30:44 PM PDT
Pamchito says:
how is it going now?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (107 customer reviews)

Out of stock