4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy and Quality !!!, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch Widescreen LED-Lit LCD Monitor (Personal Computers)
I did a lot of research and added this monitor to my 2010 Christmas wish list. I was excited to find this baby under my Christmas tree. I'm actually a Dell guy coming from a 5 year old Dell 1905FP LCD. I was nervous not sticking with a Dell but I had an old ViewSonic CRT around 2000 or 2001 and it was great and I simply couldn't pass up adding such an affordable LED monitor to my Christmas list. I did look for a Dell and LG of this size and specs but they couldn't come close to the price. Would I still choose this ViewSonic? Absolutely! You cannot go wrong with this monitor as long as you can find it at a good price ($200-$220).

Styling:
The piano-black plastic looks really nice. The pictures online make the monitor look a little cheap and odd with the clear plastic along the bottom. Once I unboxed the unit and set it up on my desk I was very pleased. The larger glowing power button under the ViewSonic label within the clear plastic is nice. The buttons to navigate the brightness/contrast are touch sensitive which is cool. The base works very well and keeps the monitor in place though I wish it would pivot left to right. The monitor will only pivot forward and back (not left/right or telescope up/down).

Connection:
I have a Dell laptop with a HDMI and VGA output. The monitor only has VGA and DVI input. The lack of the monitor not having HDMI is why I gave it 4 stars. I plan on purchasing a little adapter but still surprised they elected not to incorporate HDMI.

Function:
The monitor is clear and super, super, super, super bright. I had to turn the brightness way down because I was going blind. I'm amazed at the difference between my old Dell LCD and this monitor. I cannot wait to see how clear the monitor is once I get the cable adapter. Don't throw away your external speakers. The built-in speakers are fine for little "beeps" and "dings" that Windows may make but are no good if you listen to music or watch movies/videos on your computer.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 28, 2012 6:57:31 AM PDT
Can this monitor be used with a Dell Inspron?

Thanks Ernie

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 8:01:57 PM PDT
Billfog says:

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 3:41:36 PM PDT
Solipso says:
I agree with your subtraction of a star because of this monitor's lack of HDMI. I got fed up with the troubles and expenses entailed with blu-ray player software, and I bought an LG BD630 blu-ray player. It's more reliable than software, and its picture quality is better. The problem is its HDMI connection, which only some monitors have. And if you use an HDMI/DVI adapter, I'm aftraid you would lose sound. That is, the DVI would prohibit an output of sound from a 3.5mm output, assuming the monitor has one. (Apparently this monitor DOES have one.)
So when I buy a monitor, I try to get one that has a DVI input for my computer, an HDMI input for my blu-ray player, and a 3.5mm audio output. I'm not sure if many monitors have those three things. My Dell ST2421L has them, but I need a headphones-amplifier to boost volume from the 3.5mm output.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 7:51:10 AM PST
C. Gomez says:
This monitor HAS one 3.5mm input for audio.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (1,763 customer reviews)
 (1,124)