2,119 of 2,214 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review: Apple TV, so much for so little, October 10, 2010
This review is from: Apple TV MC572LL/A (2nd Generation) (Old Version) (Electronics)
Length:: 4:33 Mins

This is an amazing compliment to your home theater.
So many features, yet so simple to use.
My 7 year old son has it all figured out.

I hope you enjoy the video.
Let me know what you think.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 12 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 118 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 11, 2010 2:14:39 PM PDT
greenbeagle says:
Dude, that was a GREAT video review. Very well done. Thank you...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2010 2:21:00 PM PDT
The iOS devices do show you some of the Apple TV information on their screens like search results and when you are are browsing music playlist info comes up as well. They will probably keep adding more of this functionality later on as well.

Posted on Oct 11, 2010 2:43:37 PM PDT
BHR says:
I want to buy the Apple TV but have a question. Does anybody know if (using this Apple TV) I can stream my iTunes from my iMac to my living room stereo without having to go through my big screen TV in order to control what I play from iTunes? I currently use the Apple Airport Express for this and it works perfectly but I mainly want to buy the Apple TV for two reasons: I want to stream my iPhoto library to my big screen TV using the HDMI port, and I want to stream my iTunes library to my living room stereo through the optical/audio port. I want to control all this from my iTunes not through my big screen TV.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2010 2:54:31 PM PDT
D. Bowman says:
You need to see what you are selecting.
1) Turn your TV on just long enough to select a playlist and then turn off the TV.
2) Use an iPhone or iPad to select the music you want to listen to, you don't need to turn the TV on.
3) I haven't tried to control the music from my computer to see if it will play on Apple TV. My computer is way far away.

Posted on Oct 11, 2010 10:37:59 PM PDT
Leo Mccarthy says:
WOW!!! I sure wish you were my neighbor, I could just see what you like and buy that for myself. This is one of the very best reviews I read and the first one I've watched. Thanks for taking the time to do this. It is really appreciated.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2010 9:41:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2010 9:44:44 AM PDT
C0Y0TE says:
Yes, it will work exactly as the Airport Express does. You can use your ipod touch or ipad to control the tunes- it will just show up on your itunes (and in the 'remote' app) as another speaker. If you are running the apple tv through the hdmi on your receiver, you won't even have to turn your TV on to play your tunes. I have 2xApple TV (up and downstairs gen 1 models), Airport Express in the bedroom, and the iMac downstairs as a server. It works seemlessly and you can eneable and disable different rooms for sound at your leisure. Great for parties!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2010 3:52:04 PM PDT
DavidW says:
I love this new little big device from Apple but what I don't understand is the TV Resolution is not able to be set to 1080p. I have this now with my old Apple TV 160GB product but wanted to downsize and I never use the hard drive capabilities. Is it true you only get 720p?

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 1:34:10 PM PDT
Shootist says:
Hey Dork, Great video and very helpful, Just beginning to try to get Netflix onto the TV. This looks like the way to go. If I'm going wireless, can I use it on both tv's? What would I need short of two of these?

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 8:40:48 AM PDT
S. Kessler says:
D. Bowman, you're very cool! Your video reviews are so helpful. Now I know what the Apple TV actually does and how it works. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 9:56:21 AM PDT
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.1 out of 5 stars (1,041 customer reviews)

$314.99