3.0 out of 5 stars Half the size of typical mini muffin pan, January 17, 2011
This review is from: HIC Essentials Silicone 24-Cup Mini Muffin Pan (Kitchen)
As far as use, this pan works nicely. I bought it to freeze homemade baby food. I've frozen pureed squash and breastmilk and also baked cookie cups in it and everything popped out easily. HOWEVER, the description doesn't tell you these cups are half the size of typical mini muffin pans. I thought in comparison, this was a good deal for a pan with a capacity of 24 oz. But, each cup only holds 1T, or 1/2 ounce--total capacity just 12 ounces. I could have gotten the Wilton one with 12-1 ounce cups for half the price. I'm irritated that the description is a bit misleading and at a time when money is tight, and I'm making baby food to save money, I paid double the price I should have.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2011 1:12:02 AM PDT
albatrs89 says:
Great review! You need to have size of the container and the capacity of each mold and total for all of them. That us essential information! Shame on you!

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 11:47:32 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 9, 2011 11:47:48 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 9:48:10 AM PST
EFD says:
For baby food I recommend silicone ice cube trays. They hold one ounce and are more space efficient, you can fit more squares into a small tray than round cupcake shapes. Tovolo 80-12007 Perfect Cube Silicone Ice-Cube Trays, Set of 2, Dark Blue - you get 2 trays with 15 cubes each for $12. I used them even when my son was older to freeze fruit purees to mix with plain yogurt, no need for buying sugared yogurts that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 6:04:29 PM PDT
Chrissy B says:
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm looking to buy this type of product for a friend, and was looking for a better option. :)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:36:18 PM PST
This was very helpful. I thought maybe a tablespoon would be okay because my current mini pan is very small but it turns out mine holds just about 3 tablespoons so I'm glad I actually went and checked it out before ordering.

Posted on Apr 12, 2013 12:59:52 PM PDT
This is the information I need too. I make homemade stock and like to freeze some in little pucks to stir fries or pan sauces. But 1/2 ounce capacity is really smaller than I need. Someone else commented that they use this pan for making chocolates. I might consider this pan for that use too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2013 5:28:54 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 18, 2013 11:22:18 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 24, 2014 2:27:54 AM PST
Buttons says:
In answer to a Question about this pan, a person who bought it said each cavity was 3/4" deep, 1 1/4" diameter bottom, 1 1/2" diameter top, with a 4 teaspoon capacity. That would mean a 3 teaspoon (1 tablespoon) fill when used for baking to allow for rising. That information squares with my research as to the size of a STANDARD mini muffin pan. I have not bought it as I'm still researching for quality, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2014 5:37:51 AM PST
Chrissy B says:
Buttons...1 T is the recommended amount of batter to put in a regular mini muffin pan--but the total capacity is 2T. It is not recommended to fill a muffin pan to the brim, because it will typically overflow. Also, just using observation, you can tell these cups are much smaller than my other metal mini muffin pans.
Batter amounts: http://www.wilton.com/cupcakes/making-cupcakes/batter-amounts.cfm

Pan capacities: http://www.mygourmetconnection.com/how-to-cook/cooking-tips/baking-pans-sizes-volume.php
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (471 customer reviews)

$15.86