47 of 54 people found the following review helpful
This model vs. the 'lighted' version,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Leather Cover, Saddle Tan (does not fit Kindle Paperwhite, Touch, or Keyboard) (Accessory)
There's nothing wrong with this cover. In fact, if you DON'T read at night or if you prefer to keep the lights on while reading this is probably the best Kindle cover your money (quite a bit of money) can buy. If you DO read at night with the lights off - my case - then you are better off with Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black which, for a (substantial) bit more money adds an integrated you-don't-know-it's-there-until-you-use-it, Kindle-powered Three(small)-LED lamp built into the cover.
I've ordered the 'lighted' version for myself but my wife wanted this model and she's happy with it. Both my wife and I are happy with our purchases. The two are identical, except for this version (hers) lacking the lamp.
Now, for features and my evaluation:
- Good (not cheap) looking leather. You won't be ashamed to carry it around.
- Quite durable. I've been carrying my Kindle 3 with a similar cover for more than a year now and it looks as good as new.
- Kindle is well protected, especially when the cover is closed.
- Allows access to the USB port at the bottom even when closed. You can charge the Kindle without having to open the cover.
- Costs less.
This is what you get in addition to the above if you order the 'lighted' model:
- 2 gold-plated attachments power the lamp off the Kindle's battery. Never need to worry about charging the lamp. Only the Kindle. Based on my experience, the power drain is negligible.
- Lamp and its arm cradle inside the cover and is invisible when not in use. To use it, you simply pull it out and light turns itself own. The Lighted model does appear to be just a little heavier.
- White, Three-LED light, of course.
I am pleased with my cover and my wife loves hers. The five stars are well deserved if you don't mind the price.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2011 6:58:38 PM PST
but does the lighted version work for the new $79 Kindle? Thought the lighted only worked for the keyboard style.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›