5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Feel Deprived!, January 9, 2012
This review is from: Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution (Hardcover)
I first became aware of Chris Powell as the fitness trainer on ABC's primetime show Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition and think he is awesome. So when I saw Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution, I snapped it up.

I love carbs...whenever I go on a diet that prohibits them. I lose weight quickly; but I also get moody ans sad...and then I "cheat" by eating carbs and the diet is over. I have been a yo-yo dieter for years. As of 1/1/12, I have 35 pounds to lose.

So I started this diet and exercise program on 1/1/12 and as of today, I have lost 6 pounds! Best of all, I feel GOOD. No moodiness or sadness....!

The 7 day carb cycle goes like this: every other day you are allowed carbs. This tricks our bodies into losing weight. The program works because it doesn't allow the body to adapt to one type of diet or exercise. On low carb days, you do strength and body shaping exercises "shapes" because protein is a body builder. Then, 6 days a week, you do cardiovascular exercise "shredders" to lose weight.

Powell shares with the reader secrets to permanent weight loss. For many of us, it's a whole new lifestyle; and much of this requires a change in the way we think.

Throughout the book, Powell shares weight loss success stories, beginning with a man who asked for his help when he was 26 and weighed over 600 pounds! Powell helped him to lose over 400 pounds....And with each person he helped, Powell has learned about the ways we lose weight--and what changes we need to make in our psyches to keep the weight off.

So, I have been on this diet for 9 days, so I am certainly not an expert. But, I can say I feel great; I have energy and am motivated as all get out!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 10, 2012 10:53:12 AM PST
J.R. Paden says:
Thank you Eco-friendly designer! keep us posted!

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 10:53:35 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 10, 2012 10:54:08 AM PST]

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 6:51:23 AM PDT
Thank you, Eco! Wish you were here to help me get my house in order(and my weight and life)!!! I totally agree with you about having your house in order! Keep posting, I want to follow your progress!

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 5:28:17 AM PDT
Karen Hill says:
Thank you for the review...especially the comments about your home. I totally agree. When things are out of order in my house, I can't function or concentrate on other things...maybe it's an illness- LOL -but thanks for justifying it for me :0)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (516 customer reviews)

$24.99