3.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great For 1 Month, February 22, 2011
This review is from: Toshiba 40UL605U 40-Inch 1080p 120 Hz Ultra Thin LED HDTV, Black (Electronics)
(read my update)

This inexpensive TV worked great for one month and the quality was reasonable for the price. However it no longer detects a signal from any device using an HDMI connection. I can only watch something for about 5 minutes before it loses a signal and warms me nothing is connected to any of the ports. I tested all the equipment on another TV and it works fine so I know it's the TV. Do yourself a favor and either spend the extra money it takes to get a quality display or buy a smaller one for the same price.

It's highly likely I received an unusual lemon but I feel like I should inform folks who read reviews.

(Update)

It turns out the root of my problem was I had the TV set to bypass the internal speakers using one of the settings on the TV. I learned that if you ask the TV not to use it's speakers it will also not use the display either, it's a bad software glitch I suppose. The way I figured this out was by restting the TV and when I turned off the speakers te display quit working immediately.

So now other than the exceptionally bad ghosting the display works fine and you can't beat the price especially if you are like me and only use it to watch movies once or twice a month.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2011 7:35:31 AM PST
There is a setting that turns off the tv after a period of time if it doesnt detect a signal. I use this tv as a monitor over HDMI and I have this setting enabled and sometime (don't know why) in the middle of gaming it will indicate it is automatically turning off. Sometimes it does it, other times not. Once you take that setting off you should be fine though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2011 10:36:39 AM PST
C. Leonard says:
Hey Captain, thanks for the help, I was having the sleep issue too before I figured it out. The issue I wrote about in my review was how my TV would not stay connected for more than a few minutes before it would say it had no signal.

‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (18 customer reviews)

Out of stock