5.0 out of 5 stars pretty shmancy, December 12, 2012
This review is from: Invicta Men's 0828 Bolt Zeus Reserve Chronograph Mother-Of-Pearl Dial Black Polyurethane Watch (Watch)
It's by far my most fancy Invicta watch. And it is, absolutely gigantic. Don't go small here.

Very thick, very heavy, and surprisingly durable. The one day that I wore it (had a loose bezel and got a replacement) I knocked into one or two things casually, and checked, there's very little space to damage it. Damaged Invicta's usually means metal with visible scratches. Their metals are so nice, but nylon could scratch them, they need extra care.

That said, this thing is absolutely gorgeous. I wasn't so sure about the metal rope adornment thing, and I'm still not really, but it's very beautiful nonetheless. It will absolutely get you attention. As for the face and the pearl, honestly, for such a thick watch, the actual face could be a little wider. There's a pretty thick downward piece that makes the actual dial a little small for this watch's overall size. It's not important, it's still very beautiful and unique, all Invicta. Rage.

Something handy to know about Invicta, they will sell you any watchband for almost any watch, just have the correct number of the watch with the band you want, it's usually 50 bucks and you may wait until next year, but eventually you will get it. I ordered a bunch recently, we will see. They're nice for the Coalitions and Venom's especially (they look fantastic with rubber..(?)) So, it's from Cairo, the biggest sheet-hole on our poor earth. I've been there, it's really gross. There's no public sanitation, that's all you need to know.

Anyway, take it to a good jewler if something goes wrong (unless first 30 days -rETURN!) instead of sending it to them (they take forever), jewler would probably be able to fix most problems.

Problems are:

Loose bezel, if you have one, the first time you go in the water? Kaput. Tap on it, it it's loose, replace it immediately (16.5% of my 40 Invictas have this problem and will never see water). The timer, I've had two that start at 58 seconds instead of zero. I can live with it but woulda returned if I'd known.

I've heard horror stories of hands falling off, bands crumbling into powder, weird stuff that I've never had a problem like that before. Probably angry people, who knows.

So, they're not perfect, but if your smart, follow up your orders with an email saying send me a new watch WRAPPED in Invicta plastic, return immediately if something's wrong, you'll have great watches for years.

You can have one or two Baum Mercier's, or 40 Invicta's. Up to you. cheers

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2013 1:16:28 AM PST
Jam Puff says:
Can you please provide us with an update about how your watch holds up over time. I would consider buying one for my first fancy watch, but I'm not familiar with the quality of the Invicta brand. Especially if I'm going to spend $500+ on a watch.

Am I better off spending money on another brand to avoid the problems you mentioned or are some of these problems common with any brand of expensive watch?

I assume there has to be some kind of protective coating on the metal on other brands of watches. What I'm really getting at, is this a poor brand for me to dump this much money into for a watch? cause I want it to hold up over time of course. Unless what I'm asking is way out of the price range of this watch.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2013 9:46:16 AM PST
doppelganger says:
The best bang for buck with Invicta is the Coalition. It's their most durable watch, especially the silver one with no color.

It only comes with a metal band and you will have to find the rubber band on ebay or through Invicta, they'll sell you any band.

This Zues, I don't wear everyday at all. It's way too fancy. And it would show wear. The metals, that are so beautiful, are on all the numbers of the bezel, and they WILL SCRATCH and look like sh't over time. The side, is constructed of this smooth metal as well, and will show wear.

I accidentally touched my Zues to the ground picking something up, and I've seen that damn scratch ever since. So you will be disappointed if you want durability and beauty over time. I really just treat them very carefully, watch out for door jams and niks, and keep my left hand close.

Again, the Coalition will not let you down. It took a moment for their look to grow on me, but once it did, I just fell in love with them. They're tanks. The colors, blue, rose gold, green and black will chip and scratch, but won't look too bad. If you get the colorless, silver, get a Velcro or rubber band, you will have an awesome, gorgeous watch for years.

Their warranty is also good for five years, just fill it out within one month of purchase. Otherwise it's a year.

Enjoy!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.7 out of 5 stars (19 customer reviews)

$2,995.00 $353.46