4.0 out of 5 stars For now, this is the best the US has, January 31, 2009
This review is from: SanDisk 16 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-016G (Bulk Packaging) - Class 4 (Personal Computers)
This micro SDHC card is the best in the US market. Samsung has developed a 32GB one but it is only available in Asia at the time of this writing. With that said, this is a good card. I bought it for my Blackberry Curve 8300. If you are going to use it for a Blackberry, make sure that you have the Blackberry OS 4.5 or later as it will not read the whole 16GB if you do not.

Even though this is a Class 2 card (the 16GB Class 4's, like the 32GB cards, are only available in Asia right now), it reads and writes fairly quickly. The card is fast enough to record and play videos on my Curve, and saving a couple minute video after shooting it literally takes seconds to write.

I have two minor gripes about this card, and they aren't that bad. One is the price. You can get an 8GB card for less than half of the price of this one. However, it is still "new" so that's the penalty for being an early adopter.

The other gripe I have is that with the Samsung reader (see the bundle Amazon sells with this card) will NOT format this card in anything other than FAT32. Now the Curve can't understand NTFS, so for me it's not a big deal, but for someone who may want to use this as take away storage, just be aware of that.

Other than that, I think this card is great. Also please note this card DOES come with an SD adapter. Don't let the Bulk Packaging fool you. If you have an SD card reader, you will not have to go out and buy a separate card reader for this. Save yourself the 5 bucks if you can. I hope this review was helpful.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 11, 2009 3:22:10 PM PDT
I just received mine from this company and it did NOT come with an SD adapter. Buyer beware. If you need one, purchase this from another company.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 30, 2009 2:36:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2009 2:39:36 PM PDT
I did not get an SD adapter either. I've noticed that many of the other commenters also said that they got an adapter with theirs, as well. I am wondering why we did not get one with ours.

Posted on May 6, 2010 5:38:24 AM PDT
P. Henderson says:
Mr. Pennachio,
All USB/flash drives/media are usually formatted in FAT32, so it is usable by any computer. Only Windows machines can use NTFS.
I am also an owner of this card, and a few 8gb sandisk cars as well, and after trying another brand, sandisk is the only one I will buy now.
I baught one of these for my new HTC Incredible to double the storage on the phone, and it works flawlessly.
I can't recconmend this card enough, also for the lowest price I cound find on the internet.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2010 8:09:37 PM PDT
Mr. Henderson,

You are absolutely correct - all flash-based media is formatted FAT32 by default as it is the more versatile (read: cross-platform) format. But if you read my review, I was specifically referring to those who want to use the card as portable storage, vis-a-vis Windows users. FAT32, while allowing full use of the 16GB, will not allow individual files that are 4GB+ in size. I hope that clarifies things.

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 12:16:26 PM PST
Gregory King says:
HP makes a Windows app that will format cards as NTFS. Works with any media.

Posted on Feb 22, 2011 7:45:21 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 22, 2011 7:45:30 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 21, 2011 12:31:58 AM PDT
Muhsketchy says:
I'm not sure as to why some people received an adapter and others did not but as I was getting ready to add this item to my cart I noticed that you needed to click right next to the promotion item you were interested in receiving, not the usual 'button' . This may help those who plan to purchase this card in the future and are interested in receiving an adapter or card reader.

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 5:52:21 AM PDT
Lee in IL says:
I did not receive the adapter either. Contacted the seller 3 times before getting it shipped...but they did finally ship it.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 10:23:22 PM PDT
Issac Jr. says:
I don't know if you could call this the "best" on the market... I had 2 of these already die on me after a few months of usage... common problem... definitely going to wait a bit for the 32GB to see if they will have any problems before buying one.

Posted on Nov 28, 2011 6:49:21 AM PST
S Fahmid says:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The FAT filesystem can NOT create files larger than 4 GIGABYTES nor store them! If you are buying this for your portable media devices, make sure that files don't exceed 4GBs (they can't anyway lol; has to be lesser than 4GBs)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›