1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible..., August 13, 2011
This review is from: Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray, Beautiful Clean, 5 Ounce (Misc.)
The only good thing I can say about this product is that it did take away the "oily" look from my hair.
Now I know other reviewers have said something like this but I'll say it again, if you're lucky you will get maybe 4 uses out of this product. I tried this twice, the first time I got only 2 uses out of it & I didn't even spray that much on my hair both times. I thought I was losing my mind after going to use it only 2 days later & it felt like nothing was left in the container. Tried it a second time thinking the first bottle was just faulty or something but nope, happened again. Only got 3 uses out of it. And not only does it have a very strong scent but it leaves my hair feeling heavy & course, like I have a bunch of product in it when I don't. Yeah, it's less than $3.00 but you definitely get what you pay for.
So anyway, I ended up trying Tresemme's Fresh Start dry shampoo the next time, which is only a dollar or so more than Suave, and it works great. Smells good & does the job it's supposed to.
So in conclusion if you're looking for a cheap dry shampoo that works, I'd say skip this one & try Tresemme Fresh Start! Hope this review helps!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 16, 2012 6:37:03 AM PST
Basically the spray dry shampoos have the same problem, they can only be used for only most 4 times. You can use the non-spray one without powder that can use more time and clean much better. I tried Faciano Dry Shampoo and it's a good choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2012 11:33:10 AM PST
________ says:
It is not that EVERY spray can can only be used 4 times, it is just the luck of the draw with the aerosol in the can. Suave needs to fix the aerosol issue with their cans. Rock-a-holic has the same issue. I had a Sauve one that lasted along time and I use a generous amount each time.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 8:59:12 AM PDT
I'm surprised you recommend Tresemme - that stuff is AWFUL and the world agrees (youtube vids and amazon reviews about it are on point). Bottom line is Suave works with amazing results (you admitted it yourself) so seems a bit unfair to label it a 1-star based on number of uses.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:48:11 PM PST
paloma says:
I dont agree with this comment. I have tried other "cheap" dry shampoos like Tresemme. I bought my first bootle when I didnt have time to wash my hair right after working out. Results that actually suave dry shampoo does a very good job (better than other brands). Smells like fruits, gives me some volume, doesnt leave a have a greasy feeling or looking. Since I dyed my hair and want to maintain the color, I decided to keep using this one and stoped washing my hair daily.You dont need to use too much, just refresh the roots. Im sure that my can can last much more than 4 applications. The only con I can find, is that it makes my hair look pale, but I preffer that than having oily hair look

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 4:03:49 PM PST
Charlie says:
I gave it one star cuz I definitely didn't get my moneys worth. Guess both bottles i purchased had aerosol issues (like people commented about). And I recommended Treseme cuz it worked great for me, I could care less if you and "the world" agrees that's it's awful. I was just giving my opinion, sheesh!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 4:10:15 PM PST
Charlie says:
Paloma, that's great it works well for you & you get many applications out of it. I just didn't have much luck with my experience with it. Hair products work different for everyone. I was simply telling everyone what worked best for me. I actually no longer use dry shampoos, I use baby powder for my roots and Tigi after party smoothing cream which gives it a yummy scent.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:19:18 PM PST
paloma says:
Ok :) Its just that Im so pleased with the product that wanted to leave some positive feedback. Just my case of course. I respect yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 6:44:10 PM PST
Charlie says:
Totally understand... I don't like to write negative reviews, in fact this is the first negative review I've ever written. I just thought I'd share my view on this product. It's rude comments like angelgirl2000 that i don't like or respect. Thank you for respecting my case. All & all it's just a review, not the end of the world. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 3:57:45 PM PDT
redhead4ever says:
I agree with you Charlie..1st off I felt the same way about this product but I also didn't care for Tresemme's either. I'm also not going to bash someone over their own opinion (as you stated it's just a review;.) I'm just looking for a decent priced dry shampoo that you actually "can" use more than 3 times b4 tossing it. I love Batiste (the fresh scent) but it's expensive because it doesn't last long for the price. I gave the baby powder advise a go & it did work..you just have to find the correct amount to work for your hair type. So thanks for the review as it did help me;.))

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2013 5:35:41 PM PDT
Charlie says:
Thank you redhead4ever, i appreciate your kind comment! Happy to hear my review helped you. Oh I've never heard of Batiste. Yeah I've pretty much given up on dry shampoos. And good, glad the baby powder worked for you as well. So much cheaper than the dry shampoos out there. :) And a tiny bit goes a long way. Thanks again!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›