1 of 2 people found the following review helpful
Start Your Engines!,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Forza 4 is stunning. The cars are beautiful and the selection of cars and tracks is amazing. Forza 4 is an incremental step up from Forza 3: so if you played and liked Forza 3, you will also like Forza 4.
Forza 4's improvements and additions to the Forza franchise:
1) Graphics: Beautiful. The cars and settings are stunning.
2) Physics: the cars behave better, turns feel more realistic.
3) Season pass: get all the future DLC cars at a discount.
4) Import: You can import your Forza 3 profile. This gives you extra credits, unlocks some cars, and pops some achievements. I like that this feature rewards veteran racers and creates some continuity between the titles.
Forza 4 also adds some "experimental features"
1) kinect control option: this, for me was a failure. Imagine you're driving a car, put your hands on an imaginary wheel, and drive. Maybe for kids who enjoy making car sounds in an old refrigerator box. But for me, this feature did not work/feel right.
2) head tracking: also using kinect. But I liked this. If you're seated in front of your kinect, it will track your head. tilt down, and the screen will "move" so that your center can be mirrors or gauges. I thought this was nifty.
3) voice command: also nifty. As you play through the menus, customizing your cars and adding cars to your garage, you can navigate with voice controls. Its nifty (but not necessary).
My one complaint:
1) there is no realistically priced wheel/pedals kit. The microsoft U-shaped wireless wheel Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel got mixed reviews so I passed on it. I saw great reviews for the Fantec wheel, but it costs more than the entire xbox. I think a wheel/pedal kit entering at around $100 would be great for Forza 4 because it would add to the realism. But since that doesnt exist you can use the controller (which works, but again you miss out on that realism) or kinect (which feels a little ridiculous).
Forza 4 is a great racing game. Many cars, beautiful, detailed cars. Cars. Tracks. Engines. If you have money, I would recommend a great wheel set up. If not, it is still a lot of fun with the controller. If you already played Forza 3 and liked it, you will love Forza 4.