11 of 16 people found the following review helpful
This TV ROCKS!!,
This review is from: Panasonic VIERA TC-L47WT50 47-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV (2012 Model) (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program (What's this?)Here's the deal... I don't profess to be a TV expert. I can't really wax poetic about image processing, backlight scanning, speaker output, etc. But what I can tell you is that the 47" Panasonic VIERA TC-L47WT50 is one AWESOME TV! Here are a few of my key observations:
- LED HD Picture: It's simply astounding! SUPER clear. Black levels (I do know what those are!) are very solid.
- Viewing angle: I know I can watch it from the side, and the picture is still great.
- "Smart" functions: Built-in Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Web Browser, AccuWeather, and more... just... WOW!!
- Built-in Wi-Fi: I'm able to connect to my home network without running cables, and maintain a solid connection. Nice touch!
- Multi-task function: You can really do multiple things at once!
- Size: This thing is amazingly thin, has a very small bevel, and a nice light at the bottom.
- Remote: The primary remote is back-lit with red light (light button glows!) and very intuitive. I had no issues figuring it out.
- I feel the TV could use a few more inputs, primarily for component video. As it stands, I can not hook up both my (original) XBox and Wii without HDMI converters.
- I wish the TV had a simple audio-out so I could output the audio to my home stereo. As it stands, it comes out hollow and echo-y when I tried this configuration using the component audio-out.
- Motion smoothing: Perhaps I've just not figured out how to tweak this yet, but sometimes the picture and things look "fake". Kind of an odd panning motion. It's just so clear, it looks odd. It's not bad, it just catches my eye sometimes.
- It would be nice if the TV came with at least one pair of basic 3D glasses (not the active shutter, but just the basic glasses).
- Sound: The "3D Real Sound" isn't bad. It's clear, I just wish it were a bit louder and had more bass. But it is not distorted by any means, which is good.
- Viera link: I don't have a Viera-compatible home theater system, but I sure wish I did! This looks like one sweet feature.
- VIERA Touch Pad Controller: I haven't needed to use this much, but believe it would be more handy if I had a Viera-compatible system.
- Smartphone Remote Function: This is a very nice extra feature, as well.
- 3D functionality: I do realize that this is a 3D TV, and certainly wish I could attest to those features. Unfortunately, I can't spring for 3D glasses right now, and I do not have a Blu-Ray player capable of playing 3D. If I get a chance to test these features, I will update this review. However, this TV is NOT "just" a 3D TV. It's a great TV even without consideration of that capability.
The set-up of this TV was SUPER easy. It literally took me about an hour or less from unboxing to turning it on. I didn't have to jump through any extra hoops to set up the picture -- it was perfect out of box! I set it up the day of the Indy 500, and was blown away. Watching racing, the NBA Finals, etc. have been so awesome, I can't wait for football season! The movies we have watched have all been great quality (1080p DVD), so no qualms there. And I'm sure with BlueRay this TV would really shine! I had no problem updating the firmware on the TV, or figuring out all the extra functions. They just worked. All of this is more than I can say about another name-brand TV I own, which was a real nightmare to set up.
Overall, if you are looking for a TV in this segment, you can't go wrong with the Panasonic VIERA WT50. It really is cutting edge, and is sure to enhance your home entertainment experience.
One final note: This is not product-related, and is not the fault of Amazon or Panasonic. But my TV arrived in a damaged box, with one corner crushed and punctured, and the foam inside broken. It was also left standing on end agaist the wall of my front porch, which seems like a silly place to leave an expensive TV. I'm very disappointed in FedEx for how they treated this delivery.