1.0 out of 5 stars Elastic and power mesh have very little strength! And the sizing is wrong!, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Rago Women's Waist Cincher (Apparel)
I ordered this based on William H. Kelsey's wife's review and J. Becker's review. Kelsey's review states that you should buy according to the chart, along with rave reviews about what it did for her figure, and Becker helpfully provides a chart from another website (since Amazon's sizing is useless) and states that one should buy by one's hip size, which I did, but when I tried the garment on, I found that it fit without cinching at all. The elastic around the ribcage actually gaped!! It did not make me 'feel like a sausage'; it felt like not much control at all.
If you are planning to buy this product plan to buy at least one size smaller than your hip measurement so that it will do something. I am not happy with this product. I doubt that returning it and buying a smaller size would be a solution since the extra bands of elastic at the waist are quite soft; they need to be stronger to actually do the job of cinching the waist-line. The garment needs to have firmer (not tighter) elastic at the hips, with firmer and tighter elastic at the waist and rib-cage also. A double layer of the power net that they used through out the garment would help do the job also. (I have been sewing since I was 11, took a fashion design program when I was 27 and am now pushing 54 years. I design a lot of my own clothes.) I am very familiar with the properties of different elastics and what power net will and won't do. I have met power net that is stronger than the one that was used in this product. I had hoped I would not have to make this myself but I see that I am left with no choice but to do that. Not what I wanted to spend my time doing.
Also, since these women purchased this product, it is possible that the manufacturer used a different source for the materials used in the product without adjusting the cut and fit. This would account for the differing views on the fit of the garment. Warning: You may or may not be purchasing something that works depending on the materials used.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 20, 2013 6:43:14 AM PDT
M. Byrne says:
Can you follow up and tell what you have found / done that works better for you? I'd be curious, thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2013 9:43:38 AM PDT
I have been eyeing this cincher and decided to come here to check out reviews as $60+ is not a number to sneeze at when one is under employed.

The first glowing review made me even more excited about this cincher until I read the review of the woman sewist and how what she says makes sense as I am a sewer also.

Ay yi yi, now I don't know what to do. Honestly, I am considering ordering one size smaller than my hip measurement and letting the chips fall where they may. I have a wedding to attend in a little over 40 days, time crunch kind of and need full support as the MOB.

Thanks gals for your reviews.

Posted on Jun 28, 2013 9:44:08 AM PDT

Thanks gals for your reviews.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.9 out of 5 stars (432 customer reviews)

$39.00 $31.77