2,564 of 2,641 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Dont listen to the poor reviews!!, February 16, 2012
This review is from: OtterBox Defender Series Case and Holster for iPhone 4/4S - Retail Packaging - Pink/Gray (Wireless Phone Accessory)
So I have wanted one of these for a while now and went on and read a LOT of the reviews here on Amazon. To be honest some of the poor reviews had me a little worried! But I am leaving this review to ASSURE you that nearly ALL of the negative reviews were definitely coming from operator errors (if you get my drift) and people who didnt have ANY idea what they were buying...

Clearly the Defender series is going to be a little beefy. Which I would HOPE is why your looking at this sort of case! For a big-bad iphone defending case! and that is JUST what you get! So the reviews on size I feel are unfair, based on the fact that you should have known its a sturdier case. (I find this NO problem for the protection it provides. Being a girl, I couldnt fit an iphone in my pants pocket to begin with, so its not an issue...And I would like to stress its not THAT big.

Some people (a good number) have complained about a hole on the top being for the headphones being on the wrong side...This is NOT the case people! You must open the flap to use your headphones...The hole is for the MICROPHONE! So do not fret. There is NO issue there...just people simply misunderstanding the product.

I read multiple reviews where people complained about being able to charge or undo the bottom flap, etc. Ok. It is silicone people. soft, flexible silicone...So NO you DONT need to completely take apart the cover to charge your phone. You simply lift that flap and plug in your phone. There is NO issue with it closing, because its not supposed to be closed OR completely open while charging...Again, silicone does not hinge... In fact, I am charging my right now with zero issue. All the flaps are really easy to open and close and I see no issue with them being flimsy, or too firm either.

I saw one or two people say they thought it decreased the sensitivity of the screen. I have not had that problem. As long as you get the right model and it fits well there is no reason for it to have any effect, it is just a regular old screen guard just like any other you'd buy on the market and shouldnt (and wont) effect the use of your screen. The people who complained that it messed up the lightness of the screen may have had it set to auto, and I know mine sometimes in certain light decides to stick with a darker back light setting than I would prefer. So once again, I am sure this is something that one could adjust in the settings of your phone, and not be a problem with the case.

So in conclusion, this is an AWESOME product. If you are looking for a really tough case, that looks great and you UNDERSTAND that a thin, one sided, snap on case will not be very tough...then this is for you! Please note that a LOT of the negative reviews come from people's misuse or misunderstanding of the product. NOT the product itself. I cant say how happy I am with this product and I am SO glad I went ahead regardless of those negative reviews.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 9 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 74 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 6, 2012 10:59:12 AM PDT
stephanie says:
Hey, I have a question. I have the older pink and white otter box case for my iPhone 4. When I take pictures with flash, the flash reflects off of the pink case and some of the pictures come out with a purple glare. So my question to you is, when you take pictures with flash with this case on, have you had any problems? I'm very interested in buying this case but it's annoying when I want to take pictures I have to take the entire case off for the pictures to come out clear. Thanks, Steph.

Posted on May 13, 2012 5:02:46 AM PDT
Thank you for confirming this . I am one who ears reviews a lot when buying products online. I now know that this is a good investment . Thanks Again !

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:31:05 AM PDT
Eugenia Bone says:
Sorry for the late reply!

That's an irritating problem!

I have not had that problem at all. Even in low light, or just regular daylight with the flash on.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 10:14:12 AM PDT
This was a very helpful review. Thank you so much for taking the time to be so detailed. Very much appreciated.

Posted on Jul 1, 2012 10:14:51 AM PDT

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 10:48:11 AM PDT
T. Saldana says:
I am a first time iPhone user. Do you think it would be okay to the leave the protective screen cover I already have on my phone under the screen cover that comes attached to this case?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2012 11:52:41 AM PDT
Eugenia Bone says:
Yup! That's fine! I left my screen protector on underneath the otter box also. Just couldn't be bothered with taking it off. Lol

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 2:18:36 PM PDT
JKL says:
THANK YOU!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 9:49:14 AM PDT
Just as long as you make sure the holes for your speaker are exposed. My wife left hers on but couldnt hear... The plastic was solid on that part. I trimmed it and was great until she fell back onto rocks and ripped it. Screen was ok though. Getting one of these now to replace her commuter series so shell have more protection.

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 9:00:16 AM PDT