6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
A comparison with the Go Pro Hero2 Camera,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Intova Sport Pro Waterproof HD Sports Video Camera Camcorder with Helmet Mount + 16GB Card + Case + Flex Tripod + Accessory Kit for Skate, Snow, Moto, Bike & all Extreme Sports (Camera)My brother has the Go Pro Hero2 camera and I just bought this one - so here's the differences:
- this camera is almost as small as the Hero2 but it has a built in screen which the Hero2 does not. So if you added the screen accessory to the Hero2, then this camera would be smaller.
- the picture quality is great with less fisheye distortion than the Hero2 camera
- this camera floats, unlike the Hero2, which is good if it falls off somehow
- the headmount does have a quick release and the Hero2 does not
- this camera costs hundreds less the the Hero2!
- this camera has more buttons and is easier to navigate the menus than the Hero2
- the owner's manual is on a mini CD and has about 15 pages and is easy to udnerstand
- the case is made of high quality material which resists scratches (I know because I bumped it twice against rocks)
- the lens does not fog up in cold spring water (72 degrees)
- this takes a micro SD card unlike the Hero2 which takes a regular SD card
- the back opens up to access the mini USB port and SD card, but you will need a butter knife to gently pry it open because a vacuum seal forms when closed
- this camera does not have an audible beep when it starts or stops recording, unlike the Hero2
- the head mount sticks out far from your head, which makes it easy to wobble; the Hero2 headmount is very compact and doesn't have this problem
- the buttons are stiff and hard to press, after some time the buttons might even stick down
- the audio has a high pitch tone or ringing sound in the background; it also doesn't pick up sound very good above water
- I frequently had memory card errors when recording 1080p video; I bought a new memory card and still had the same problems. Basically, I had to erase all data on the card and record 1 long video, because I would get an error trying to record any more videos.
- this camera slowly leaks water! I greased the O-ring but it still happened.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 4:25:56 PM PST
Edith Villanueva says:
what about the audio?
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:53:52 AM PST
Bevan Bigler says:
Good question. The audio is a problem with this camera because there is an extra high pitch tone along with the rest of the sound. I don't know if this is a manufacturer defect with only my camera or all Sport HD cameras, but the high pitch tone is there. Since I mute the audio and add my own music soundtrack to my videos, this hasn't been much of a problem for me. Other than that, the audio is fine and also picks up sound underwater.
As for taking the camera underwater, I've been having an increasing problem with water slowly leaking into the camera. I applied O-ring grease as instructed but it was hard to grease the O-ring where the hinge was, which I think is where the water slowly leaked in. Obviously, this is a problem.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
Intova Sport Pro Waterproof HD Sports Video Camera Camcorder with Helmet Mount + 16GB Card + Case + Flex Tripod + Accessory Kit for Skate, Snow, Moto, Bike & all Extreme Sports(3 customer reviews)