Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books this year!, November 16, 2012
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
This is, hands down, one of the best books I've read this year! Not just because of how original, emotional and brilliant the story is, and not because I'm a huge sucker for road-trip/traveling stories, but it's written in exactly the way I like it and I am just blown away by it.
Actually, I'm writing this on zero sleep because I got the "one more chapter" disease reading it - I really just wanted to read the first chapter while getting ready to go to bed to see if I'd like it...and see how that turned out!

Andrew is the perfect hero! I have never said this before, and probably never will again, but yeah, he really was perfect. He is a genuinely nice guy with just the right amount of cockiness, but there are just so many more layers than that to his character. You seriously can't help but fall in love with him and everything about him!

I loved Cam, too. She is strong but fragile at the same time, and honestly, I admired her bravery to just get away from everything and leave. I love it that she breaks all her rules and doesn't fight herself breaking them.

And I loved their banter and camaraderie, the way they were teasing each other (the pool playing scene? brilliant.) the chemistry between Cam and Andrew was just...perfect. Somehow their relationship progressed in very realistic way and I really really liked that.

So many feelings about this.
You don't see the twist coming at all, at least not one like that. I mean, I guessed there was something going on, but it kind of all comes crashing down when you least expect it with a BAM! and it's a lot to take in.
The last two chapters made me gasp and cry in turns.

I mean, just wow. The pacing of this is perfect, the switching of POV was unexpected but welcomed - I was concerned about this in the beginning, but really, the author handles it perfectly, she gives these two characters two completely different voices! Oh and yeah, some of the best sex scenes I've read in a while.
I haven't read anything by J.A. Redmerski before but I will definitely try to, now that I've seen what she can do!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2012 3:16:45 AM PST
Saunders says:
Hi

Before I download this, is this a complete book i.e. there is not going to be a book 2+3?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 3:49:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 22, 2012 3:49:41 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 3:49:50 PM PST
to be perfectly honest, I haven't seen a sequel mentioned anywhere, but I can tell you that the story is rounded up and everything is tied nicely in the end - so even if it gets a sequel it works perfectly as a standalone. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:29:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:19:59 PM PST
Opr says:

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:23:57 PM PST
L. Thiboutot says:
I am so TOTALLY with you! I LOVED this book so much..even though I was BAWLING like a baby!!! PHEW! What a ride!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2013 12:45:26 PM PDT
DD Anderson says:
Thanks for letting us know this book could stand alone. I am so tired of books leaving you hang for months on end till the next one. I wil get this book now.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 3:23:09 PM PDT
Cathy says:
Excellent review. Thanks for letting us know it could read as stand alone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›