5.0 out of 5 stars Interactive and fun, lots of levels, January 1, 2012
A Kid's Review
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Sports Resort (Video Game)
I got this game for my birthday, but I couldn't play it until December because I didn't have the Motion Plus Accessory. (You NEED it to play this game.) When I played Wii Sports, I found the games a bit repetitive. But I was amused by the opening skydiving scene in Wii Sports Resort, and it opened out to 12 games, two of which (Golf and Bowling) were upgraded from Wii Sports.

Swordplay: I started out with Swordplay and found it really fun, immediately unlocking Speed Slice, where objects are thrown at you and you must slice them in the right direction before your opponent. In Showdown you face a whole horde of opponents and in the later levels, you can't just bash your sword around--you actually need strategy. This is one of my favorites.

Wakeboarding: This was okay, but my sister rocks at this! You have to ride behind a boat on a board and do amazing tricks to get points.

Frisbee: This has two levels: Frisbee Dog and Frisbee Golf. In the Frisbee Dog version you have to throw a Frisbee at the target, so a dog can catch it. In Frisbee Golf you basically play golf with a Frisbee. This was fun, and the dogs are ADORABLE!

Archery: This was boring and easy at first, but as you try to shoot far-away targets it becomes hard.

Basketball: as a horrible basketball player, I had a very hard time with this. But I actually got three or four three-pointers, so....wow!

Table Tennis: This is basically a 6-pt game of Table Tennis. I read lots of complaints about the sync of the remote here, but I had no problems. Then again, I've only played it twice...

Golf: In Wii Sports I was REALLY bad at this. But this was a pleasant surprise: Easier, quicker, and a very responsive remote. I enjoyed this.

Bowling: I haven't played a full game of bowling yet, but it's a lot like Wii Sports so far.

Power Cruising: You have to slalom through (what should I call it, arcs?) these things to get points. I had a hard time controlling the cruiser, though.

Canoeing: One of my favorites, here you have to get through a canoeing course within a time limit. I usually hate timed games so I was surprised to find that I really liked it. The levels get harder, with lily pads, geyser-things, and water creatures to block you in Intermediate and Expert.

Cycling: You have to bike using the remote and nunchuck and there are many courses and stages. You can run out of energy if you bike too hard.

Air Sports: Probably my least favorite, but still fun. There are three games with planes, but I have a really hard time controlling the plane! But that's just me.

All in all, a very fun game that will definitely engage you for a while. Buy it, BUY IT!

[Add comment]