5.0 out of 5 stars Fast!, April 8, 2010
This review is from: Transcend TS16GSDHC10 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card (Personal Computers)
I purchased this for use with my new Canon T2i. I use it primarily for shooting full resolution 1080p video, although I shoot stills as well.

The camera choked on the class 4 chip that I originally purchased, but with this one, it is amazing. I can shoot rapidfire 18 megapixel stills (I've tested it up to 30+ shots in a row), and there is no lag. I've never had an error when shooting hi-def video.

Highly recommended! I'm buying another one.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 4, 2010 4:40:36 PM PDT
K. Khanna says:
Thanks, was looking for a T2i myself to capture 1080p video.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 5:38:53 AM PST
blaze sj says:
Me too. Thanks OP.

Posted on Dec 23, 2010 11:07:47 AM PST
Jim O'Quinn says:
Good to see 2ti users reporting on this card!

My T2i choked on the two class 4 cards I have. One card would record 1080p for about 2 minutes before it gave an error. The second card could record longer, but not reliably.

Looked at Patriot class 6 16G card, but apparently it won't work well with the 2ti. Looked at SanDisk class 6, the 16G will cost me what a 32G class 10 Transcend will cost.

Posted on Feb 4, 2011 2:45:16 PM PST
Martin says:
Hi,
I bought the same card to use with my Canon 2Ti, but the recording lenght in FullHD video is only 30min for the whole card. Canon says that 12 min of recording in this video quality takes 4gb, so I was assuming this 16gb card would give me 48 min of recording.
Have you experienced the same issue with this card on your camera?

Martin

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2011 12:03:19 AM PST
nukejello says:
File size limitation of FAT32 - 4GB is the maximum the files can be.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2011 10:34:01 AM PDT
The manual for the Canon T2i states specifically that when recording video, video recording will stop at 29 minutes 59 seconds. The limitation on the amount of time is a limitation of the T2i, not the Transcend SD card. As Canon notes in the manual, after the 30 minutes you can record another video if there's still room left on the card (which there likely will be on a 16GB SD card). It's a pain, but it's the camera's fault, not the card's fault. Keep in mind, the T2i is primarily a still photo camera and is not really meant to be a video camera.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 10:45:31 AM PST
Robert says:
WARNING!!!

If something goes wrong, don't expect Transcend to honor their warrant. When I submitted my defective card for repairs, they sent it back saying I "damaged" it w/o a single specific reason.

Lame!

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 10:46:34 AM PST
Robert says:
WARNING!!!

Lame!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2012 1:33:41 PM PDT
Check out Magic Lattern, this will solve the time issues.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 7:11:00 PM PDT
I4Y says:
Maybe it's because it's formated in FAT32. The recordings might be reaching the 32GB limit thus it stops. Check the file size of your recordings after it stops and verify.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (9,170 customer reviews)
 (6,834)