5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mini studio for what I needed, tremendous value, equalled a $300 kit, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Polaroid Photo Studio Light Tent Kit, Includes 1 Tent, 2 Lights, 1 Tripod Stand, 1 Carrying Case, 4 Backdrops (Black, Blue, White, Red) (Camera)
As a chef, I do many photos of food and food products, all of which look better on an all-white background and in bright light. At my former facility, we had a mini kit like this and when I wanted to get one for my personal use, I found out it cost $300 and so I bypassed the idea.

Now that my husband is building me an art studio at a new residence, I have further use for photographic gadgets to play with and I began looking at both large and small backdrop kits. A small one for creative shots where I want no background or when I want to morph an object into another background creatively in Photoshop, or when I want to do a food or jar photo with an all white background, and then a large one for when I want to do portraits or full body artistic shots for large framed works.

This is not just for those with a Polaroid camera; the type of camera you use with it won't matter.

I got this one to decide whether I wanted to spend money on the larger one and see how the quality of this one is. It's fantastic and perfectly equal to the $300 kit I'd used in the past.

Better yet, some of the mini photo studio kits don't come with mini lights, just the backdrop, but this lights up (evenly) your subject piece with mini lights as well within the kit.

It also has a mini tripod for your camera stabilization.

There are 3 diffuser screens and 4 backdrop colors that work great and a very nice bag that it all fits inside enabling you to carry this wherever you like. The bag has a velcro enclosure and is pro quality.

For those who sell lots of items on ebay this would pay for itself after a few uses of making your product look better, but for those who also just want to get creative taking photos for art, it allows you to do so in the easiest way and with far less money than you'd expect to pay.

It goes up and goes down in seconds and stores away flat in any cabinet.

I've played with it quite a bit and it works as described and you can create some fun artsy shots otherwise not possible as an artist

SOME BONUS STATS ON THE PRODUCT:

The camera stand has skid reduction pads on the bottom and is fully adjustable from 10" min to 17" max

The light stands are 2 20 watt lights aimed through 2 diffuser screens to soften/eliminate shadows

A hook and loop system attaches the backdrop colors to the backdrop stand so you can change them out as needed Each backdrop cloth is in a resealable envelope.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]