5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for Tomtom Go x20 and x30 series, and more. VIDEO REVIEW, January 27, 2010
This review is from: Case Logic GPSP-2 Professional GPS Case for 4.3-Inch Flatscreen GPS Navigators (Electronics)
Length:: 4:05 Mins

Hi there, I am including a video review so you can see what the product looks like, what it comes with, and you can see a portable GPS in it. I've done one other video review here at Amazon, which didn't work for some odd reason, so if this one doesn't either I'll paste in the Youtube address. The video works! I uploaded in 720p, but it didn't process that way, so if you'd rather see the HD version of this, check out Youtube and look up Case Logic GPSP-2. User namer geocab123. Otherwise, enjoy and I hope this review helps you in your purchasing decision.

Also, to be thorough I'm inlcuding a brief write-up:

I just bought a new Tomtom Go 930 and since it didn't come with a case, I had to buy one separate. I chose this Case Logic GPSP-2 and I'm glad I did. My Go 930 fits inside the case almost perfectly. There is a little bit of play, but not enough for me to worry about any damage to my GPS unit. This case wasn't designed for a specific brand or model so having a bit of play is to be expected. However, there isn't a ton of play and don't expect to really fit anything else inside the case with your GPS. You may fit in you chargning cord, but if you want to carry around everything together, I suggest getting a bigger case.

This case has a stiff construction that gives your GPS unit very adequate protection against normal everyday handling, like putting it in a purse or bag, tossing it in the back seat, bumping your leg as it swings from the wrist strap, etc. The inner walls are lined with a soft felt like material, not with extra padding, but I feel confident that it is enough protection. Trust me, I'm not going to spend a few hundred dollars and skimp out on its protection.

Looks are subjective, but I like the way it looks. :)

If you're looking for a case to haul your GPS around with you so you don't have to leave it in the car where it can be stolen, or you're just looking for a protective case when it's not in use, this is a very good choice. It's affordable, well built, looks nice, and works great.

It fits my Tomtom Go 930, so it'll fit any of the Go x20 and x30 series. I'm not familiar with all the other Tomtom lines, or with Garmin's (although I'll try my buddy's Nuvi when I get a chance and I'll edit this review when I do) but I'm pretty sure if you have a 4.3" screen GPS, you'll be good to go.

EDIT added 2/1/2010: Tried my case with a friend's Garmin Nuvi 750 and it fits with more room than my Tomtom. It probably has enough room for a chargning cord no problem. Part of the reason I won't put anything else in the case with my Tomtom is because of it's shape, I have to face the screen where it would be against anything else I put in the case and I wouldn't trust that. You can see how my Tomtom looks inside in my video. :) The Garmin 750 has more of a square shape so you can face it backwards in the net allowing you to put the other stuff in which will only rub against the back of the device.

[Add comment]