4.0 out of 5 stars One tough holster (in more ways than one), October 13, 2011
This review is from: Motorola OMOTBIONICSHELLHOL Droid Bionic XT875 Shell Holster Combo with Kickstand - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
i bought this at the store along with my phone and got a government discount on it. It is one tough holster - and has many grooves on it for gripping it. There are some nice features, and some not so nice.

NICE: The part that grips the phone works with both the extended battery and the slim battery. SMART!
It also has a push out stand that holds the phone either sideways like a picture frame or vertically like a portrait position for charging, nightstand in a motel, etc (I'd still buy the a/v nightstand setup simply for the hdmi output)

Not so nice - the beltclip is not nearly as strong as the case grips the phone and I've already dropped it into my car between the open door (the threshold body part plastic) and the seat - found it there when I could not find my droid, but the missing phone app told me it was at my house somewhere.

I'd give it 5 stars if the belt clip were stronger or better designed (wider). NOTE - the clip can be rotated for landscape or portrait carry, but you must draw the phone out of the clip in a portrait orientation.

All togther, this protects the screen, the back, allows photos to be taken, and makes the phone more useful when not in the dock. It's rugged material and does not look like it would break except POSSIBLY in extreme cold (I have an environmental chamber that will go to -100 deg C and I would NOT put this thermoplastic into the chamber at that temp - I suspect permanent damage might happen and I like my case!!

It's almost a 5 star product. Of all the cases I looked at, this one has the best feel due to the fine ridge detail and the grip it maintains on the phone. I just wish it gripped my belt as well.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 15, 2011 4:31:45 PM PST
J. Tidwell says:
I can't tell which case I'm going to get because one picture shows a slim case for non extended battery but there is a single picture with a case that clearly fits extended battery. My question is which will I get. In your review you say it fits both. I don't want the hump that the extended battery needs, I just swap slim batteries when needed to keep the device slim. I want to buy this but only if there is no bulky hump on it, any help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›