1.0 out of 5 stars save your money, November 8, 2009
I wish PBB's review was here when I ordered this book and I could have saved my money. What was suppose to be a lighthearted futuristic romance with laughs was anything but.

Sagan Carter, an Earth policewoman, meets up with Captain Keir Trask, an Oceanun, and together they are suppose to thwart an intergalactic weapons plot in L.A. that could potentially kill thousands from throughout the galaxy. Within a week they clash because of their dominant personalities but still pine for each other. The weapons plot is passed back and forth throughout the story and the romance is weak and unbelievable between Sagan and Keir. There are hidden lies and Keir cannot even trust his best friend and second-in-command even though they have known and worked with each other for years.

I figured out who the No. 1 Baddie was long before it was revealed and, yes, there is unnecessary meanness and spite which doesn't help the storyline. If anything it diminished it. All over a sad excuse for romance, mystery, and humor. Save your money, you've been warned.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 34 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 91-100 of 409 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 1:14:18 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2009 2:04:32 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 1:18:26 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2009 2:04:43 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 1:19:24 PM PST
Niteflr, I don't know LB nor you. I did however find your posts to be so entertaining that I sent an e-mail to your publishers and invited them to come over and see for themselves the amazing amount of good publicity you are generating for them. Perhaps other posters here will also extend that invitation.

If rational posters pleading with you to step back and take a breath, contact a friend or your agent, even talking to publishers has not made you pause and consider your actions I am hoping your publishers will read this and come to your rescue.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 1:24:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 1:31:34 PM PST
Can I also request the link to the site where Taylor allegedly requested her minions to come over here and attack you? You continually say she did this, yet I haven't seen a link. Unless of course there isn't one and you're fabricating that tale to suit your own needs.

I'm here merely because people on Twitter are talking about this author who is causing her own trainwreck and I wanted to see the fireworks. I don't know who Taylor is and have never read one of her reviews before. Just like any car accident, I'm gawking, because seriously, there are no words to describe what I've been reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 1:29:21 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 16, 2009 12:46:02 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 1:32:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 19, 2009 2:04:55 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 1:41:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 1:45:19 PM PST
Oh I haven't looked, I don't care enough, I just find it odd that you keep saying she did this without proving it with a link back to the blog post. And I've read LB's comments and she hasn't posted any link. Which just leaves me to guess that you've fabricated the imaginary article. Plus, you've said LB hasn't been talking to you, so I doubt she sent you a link to where she requested her minions to come attack you.

A ton of people are talking about this discussion, but I think it's due more to your comments than anything LB has done.

Also, I find it really odd that a publisher doesn't know how to contact an author they have under contract.

Posted on Dec 14, 2009 1:43:22 PM PST
Your book might be getting a 1 star review, but I'm giving this discussion thread 5 stars!

Thank you, internet!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 1:45:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2009 8:45:07 PM PST
John Green says:
Niteflyr1- you seem to be ignoring the fact that you're the one who started all of this "haunting of the site" by your own actions. What started out as simply one person's opinion has grown into the stuff of Internet Legend: "The Writer That Wouldn't Die!" (and you'll probably misconstrue the use of the word "die"). Its surreal that you typed so much about 'the right of the individual to speak' as you doggedly slam and ridicule the reviewer for doing just that. I seem to recall your initial ire being raised over the use of the phrase "you've been warned". Allowing for snarkiness, as people are wont to be, a politely worded request for the one-on-one you crave so much might have served. Instead, here we all are...

Without having read your novel, I'd say its even money that you've probably written more on this site than you did for the book itself. Incidentally, I'd like to say thanks for letting me be a part of this soon-to-be-legendary endeavor. It was... intriguing.

Almost forgot- I see that someone's alerted your publisher about this whole fiasco. To borrow your "Gestapo" comment gods-know-how-many posts ago: when the jack-booted copyboys come to haul you before that brown-shirted Editor With The Armband you attempted to scapegoat and silences your Lone Voice Of Freedom... just remember- we all tried to stop you.

You've been warned.