5.0 out of 5 stars Die Hard will never Die, September 16, 2008
This review is from: Die Hard: Ultimate Collection (Die Hard / Die Hard 2: Die Harder / Die Hard: With a Vengeance / Live Free or Die Hard) (DVD)
This is by far one of the best series of action movies you will ever see. Bruce Willis and the rest the casts of each movie made them believeable and the writing, directing, camera work, sound, and music were great. It is not surprising everyone knows at least one movie in this set and there is hardly a person on the planet not familiar with the name of a fictional cop John McClane and his famous quotes while being in the right place at the wrong time.

Synopsis:
In the first movie McClane, a New York City cop, goes to LA to visit his wife that has moved there with their kids because she was offered an exceptional position. While flying out another passenger tells John that the best way to relax after a long flight is to take off shoes and socks and curl your toes in the carpet. Unfortunately John must try to rescue everyone at the building when terrorist take over to steal bonds and he runs around barefoot the whole movie through broken glass.

During the second film McClane encounters terrorists at Dulles Airport in Washington DC trying to rescue a military prisoner by taking over the tower controls to the planes. This time he must fight them while barely clothed in frigid weather.

In the third movie McClane has drawn the attention of the brother of the head terrorist in the first movie that is also intent on bombing people as a cover up to a gold heist. He demands McClane do some Simple Simon tricks. McClane is brought in from his suspension with a bad hangover and headache and has to stand in Harlem in his underwear with a deragatory sign to blacks when he gets the assistance of a racist shop owner played by Samuel Jackson. Jackson helps him track down the terrorists and the two make a great comical pair.

In the fourth movie McClane finds out the terrorist control several government agencies and the utilities through the internet so they can rob them. While picking up a hacker, played by Justin Long, for the FBI they are both nearly killed and he enlists the aid of Long to track down the terrorists.

Although I had the individual movies I couldn't pass on this set after reading the review by "The Game". I wanted a set anyway and it looks like this is a great one for a super price. One other thing. I couldn't tell from the ad, but this is four thin DVD cases in a cardboard box so it takes less than half the shelf space of the four full size cases. This set includes an extra disc for each movie dedicated to extras. One of the best when it comes to all the background on the movies and then an exceptional price for all this material. The quality was just as indicated, very sharp and clear. I am very happy with this set. Excellent replayability. If you enjoyed this catch "Lethal Weapon" and "Unbreakable".

CA Luster

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2008 9:42:30 AM PDT
Jenny J.J.I. says:
Cool Review C.A. I too am a fan of "Lethal Weapon and "Unbreakable" plus I love watching Bruce Willis in action. I have the Silver Tin Set of the die hard series & I love the outlook of it till this day. But because I was so disappointed with the 4th one I'm not too sure if I want to get this set......am I still in denial with the existence of this 4th one?.....Sort of but I hope to warm up to it once I re-watch it. I let you know how I feel ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2008 4:46:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2008 4:48:18 AM PDT
C. A. Luster says:
Still waiting to hear what you think. Although I admit I didn't enjoy it as much as one and three it was about as good as two to me. Three being my personal favorite thanks in great part to Samuel Jackson. I have actually started to appreciate four the more I watch it, even if Long isn't a seasoned actor. How about you?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›